Flight Plans on Google Earth

Pro Member Trainee
laspiapoeta Trainee

Hello all,
I made a little page that you (I hope) will find interesting and even useful.

On that page you can upload a FS2004 flight plan (extension .pln) and obtain a kml file that will show that flight plan on Google Earth.

And you can download or open in Google Earth any of the other flight plans already uploaded.

The URL is (dead link removed)

Let me know if it works for you, and if you like it...

Thanks

Andrea

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
crosscheck9 Guest

WOW! 👏 Amazing program to say the least. I love it 😀

Pro Member Trainee
laspiapoeta Trainee

There are also other Google Earth - related tools around. Maybe you're interested, so here they are:
- MyFsGoogleEarth: http://www.elbiah.de/flusi/MyFsGoogleEarth/MyFsGoogleEarth.htm shows your plane position in real time on google earth (this tool works great if you load your flight plan on GEarth with my page - or with the following tool)
- flips: you can find "flips.zip" around in the big flight simulation libraries, maybe also here on fly away. It does the same conversion from fs2004 to Google Earth as my page, but it's written in java and runs on your pc (no web)

Regards,

Andrea

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Very cool! 😎 While some of my .pln files uploaded correctly and worked in Google Earth, most gave me an error. I will email you a few of the plans that didn't work per your request later.

Pro Member Trainee
roger123 Trainee

That is excellent. Thank you for the link. Works very well.
Regards
Roger
😀

TRMC Guest

I was looking for that kind of tools for days and yours works fine... most of the time.

I have quite a lot of PLN files that doesn't work (I'll send you some).

Just a request : can you just name the waypoints without the "waypointX=" ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Great link. 👍
Its amazing to have your flight plan in a map like google earth from the poor and small size FS gives.

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

laspiapoeta wrote:

- flips: you can find "flips.zip" around in the big flight simulation libraries, maybe also here on fly away. It does the same conversion from fs2004 to Google Earth as my page, but it's written in java and runs on your pc (no web)

Regards,

Andrea

link to flips
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1269/fs2004-flips-version-11/

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

LOL,

I have just been looking around certain airports in the UK on Google Earth and came across this at Heathrow.....

Look near the bottom of the pic, I think someone has taken the wrong turning!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

leachus2002 wrote:

LOL,

I have just been looking around certain airports in the UK on Google Earth and came across this at Heathrow.....

Look near the bottom of the pic, I think someone has taken the wrong turning!

Negative leachus2002. Zoom in a bit closer and you'll find it's two Air France a/c having a rendezvous in London. ❤️

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

laspiapoeta wrote:

Regards,

Andrea

We use flips to provide representative flight plans on our web site.

Pro Member First Officer
Corgi First Officer

Excellent link,

Thank You

Regards

George

fs guy Guest

Now i think the filght plan thing looks cool but how great would it be if you could get the gooogle earth scenery in flight sim! i mean some of it is already 3d if they made it all 3d then it would be perfect!!!

madbrit Guest

Download almost realtime incoming flight overlays for 5 major US airports into GE:

http://www.fboweb.com/antest/ge/intro.aspx

Also just below, download the US Sectional Charts overlays.

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

i just don,t get it ❗ ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

simon123 wrote:

i just don,t get it ❗ ❗

What is it that you just don't get ❓ ❓

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...