USS Lexington Carrier

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Great Download, easy to install.

USS Lexington Carrier
This FS2004 scenery object is an improved model from my previous Prewar Lexington. It has much greater detail and improved textures. It has a hardened deck for take-offs and landings, deck lights and a rotating beacon. A wake effect is included. The vessel is located just off the San Diego, Ca. Naval Station. The necessary .mdl and .xml files are included so it can be relocated with Bglcomp. The neccesary additions to the rcbco-20 catapult and arrestor gear files are included. By Paul Clawson. 203K
http://www.simviation.com/fs2004scenery69.htm

Radar

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

And a nice DC-3 lay over the deck... 😉

Thanks for this RadarMan. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I love my carriers - but this one was a bit of a disappointment... mine came without that sleek DC-3 😳

Also , I'm a bit curious in regards to this comment by the author : "It has a hardened deck for take-offs and landings..."

Since we're flying in a vitual world (this is according to my therapist anyway), why would it be important to have a hardened deck???

If indeed the impact of a recovery (I tend to manage some really weird ones) can be felt, should I get a stronger computer desk? Umm...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Also , I'm a bit curious in regards to this comment by the author : "It has a hardened deck for take-offs and landings..."

Since we're flying in a vitual world (this is according to my therapist anyway), why would it be important to have a hardened deck???

Not all carriers have that feature, this one was made so you could land and take off from it.
Many others are not for "use".

I've taken off from it (not the DC-3) but haven't tried landing on it yet.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Not all carriers have that feature, this one was made so you could land and take off from it.
Many others are not for "use".

I've taken off from it (not the DC-3) but haven't tried landing on it yet.

Radar

This makes sense, thanks Radarman (I'm gonna cancel the appointment I made with my shrink).

I really expected you to take off using your DC-3 - just to see whether you could make it past the tower with that wingspan... 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I tried once and hit the tower, I'll try it again tomorrow.
I may pass it but there isn't enough runway for that aircraft and I haven't studied the catapult (and probably won't) yet.
I used a small STOL aircraft to see if the deck was hard, that took off.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I just tried the default DC-3... NO way Nope Next I took my favorite A6M2 Zero - didn't even bother to taxi to the CAT - full flaps, full throttle aaand release brakes... the rudder, of course the rudder becomes your best friend - I was sailing.
Managed to land too on my first attempt, sort of, missed the trap and ended up in the drink Whistle Juggle practice, practice, practice...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I ve tried too with my B.Baron...The tower is also hard and the water is frozen... 😉 Must keep on trying and learn swimming... 😉

Pro Member Trainee
FHeselton Trainee

Since they were able to get loaded B-25's off the Hornet you should have enough runway to get the C-47 off.

From what I can remember, and with each passing year that gets harder, from "Thirty Seconds over Tokyo" the ran up to full power then released brakes and dropped flaps to full thus causing the plan to leap off the deck.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

ah but the B25s weren't 'loaded' properly they had a lot of crap stripped out (all armour, guns, ammo, seats etc etc)

🙂

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

i downloaded the us stern and it in senery libery now as number 1 but still dont show up at all any ideas?

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

got it working but no calapolt how do i get the thing to work

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

I ve tried too with my B.Baron...The tower is also hard and the water is frozen... 😉 Must keep on trying and learn swimming... 😉

Try it with your Howard 500 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Greekman72 wrote:

Try it with your Howard 500 😀

Promise i will....But this taildragger is very sensitine when you use breaks in a high speed Wall Bashing ...You can easily explore the underdeck area... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Chicken... any excuse will do Ninja

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Chicken... any excuse will do Ninja

Keep on your mind this state...I ll be back... Evil or Very Mad

😉 😂

my aircraft carrier is invisible....why...its so annoying:evil:

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...