FS04--CD4 must be loaded?

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

Sorry if I've posted this twice. I thought I posted it yesterday but I can't find it anywhere.

Just installed FS04 (awaiting arrival of new video card before I dive all the way into it)

Manual says disc #4 must be loaded in CD drive every time I start the program. Is this really true? And does the disc need to remain loaded throughout the session or just for startup?

Thanks...

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Hello and welcome
Yes cd4 must be in your pc for the sim to run,however take a trip to the download section on this site and d/load the nocd crack and put away cd4 for safe keeping

Enjoy

Ps loads of tips on installing in this forum.Seek and you will find

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Yep,
TomTheTank said it best, look over the forum and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
You'll find the "no cd crack" here.
Enjoy Yes

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/41/fs-2004-no-cd-crack-file/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

Ahh...I see.

I missed it because "Crack" is completely new terminology to me (what the heck does 'crack' mean anyway? code-cracking?). I will glean what I can but can't promise I'm out of questions!

In other news... I ran my new FS04 briefly last night on my soon-to-be-ex-nVidia 64mb card, just to get a comparison base as I await the arrival of my Radeon 9800 Pro. It was intolerable! C'mon FedEx!!

System will be: Pentium 1.6G+512ram+9800. Please tell me I'm well-equipped!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes just load the "crack" and you won't have to use disk #4 any longer. Besides being annoying you take the risk of scratching or breaking the disk. Unsure

Your system with your new card is almost a duplicate of mine and I enjoy the sim very much. You should have good luck with it.
Happy flying 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

[quote="Brook"]

C'mon FedEx!!

Doh! its in here somwhere

https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004/

ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

It came! It came!

Major surgery on the computer tonight!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Brook wrote:

It came! It came!

Nurse pass me a screwdriver,oh and that big hammer just in case Ha Ha

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Brook wrote:

It came! It came!

Group Wave Group Wave Group Wave

I know just how you feel. I'm glad it came sooner than you though.
Have a good time putting it in and ask for help, I did and there are many helpful members here.

Side-note, I just flew over Alaska, thunderstorm, no nothing just snow and dirt below. I have a ceiling of 42fps on my card ( I'll readjust higher later) and it hit that and wanted to go higher-WOW-, that's what your in for, pure pleasure. 👏

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...