F-18 SUPER HORNET: in stupid talk plz

Pro Member Trainee
Kyle (MAVIRICKII) Trainee

ok, I have just downloaded the F-18 SUPER HORNET could some one please tell me how to download all of the things into the folders? or how ever you would do it? it would really help me out PS: no links

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Since you dont want Links:dontknow: i copy and paste one of the three options that a link that all of us have read and helped from. 😉

You need WinZip to unzip the folders.
You can get the trial one at WinZip it's the best you can use and the trial will last for years.

I think I know what you are asking but I try answering two ways.
One, If you cannot find your downloads to "unzip" them, send them to "My Computer", "My Briefcase" or even to "Desktop".
You can enter them from any of those areas.
I download to a folder that I have in "My Briefcase" it's just handy for me that way.
Installing.
Ok,
I do it a more complicated way, but it works.
Make certain you have a full aircraft not just textures.

Unzip the file and now it's in it's own little window, you work from there. Dump the jpgs.

dblc=double-click

dblc on "My Computer"
dblc on The "C" drive icon.
dblc on "Program files"
dblc on "Microsoft Games".
dblc on "Flight Simulator.

Now you have all the folders laid out in front of you.
Follow the directions in the read-me that came with the aircraft.
Put the gauges in the gauge folder.
Put the effects in the effects folder.
Put the aircraft in the aircraft folder; make certain it has the correct name of the plane.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

"please help me but don't link me" ???

People go out of their way to answer topics like this for people and when there is a sticky thread that is always at the top of the Aircraft board that says "how to install aircraft" and you demand they do not link you to an existing resource it annoys me a little...

Consider yourself lucky that Greekman is a kind and forgiving fellow 🙂 I would have linked you anyway to be perfectly honest.. what difference does it make If I copy and paste the data in or link you to it?

grrr

Pro Member Trainee
Kyle (MAVIRICKII) Trainee

the reason i dont like links is becouse they dont help me and its always the same liknk thats all.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Just follow the simple instructios step-by-step and you should be up and running in no time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

MAVIRICKII wrote:

the reason i dont like links is becouse they dont help me and its always the same liknk thats all.

Try to be patient and start follow the download-installation instructions and you will notice that you will manage to install your add-ons.
Its inpossible for a person who manage to fly to not be able to understand such simple and well understanding instructions. 😉 And i dont think that you cant understand...Maybe you are a litle inpatient and i ensure you that we all understand you... But from the other side being inpatient doesnt helps you 😉

Although we all are here to solve your problems.But please try first and ask next... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Next thing you know people will ask how to install aircraft with no links but with screenshots

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Next thing you know people will ask how to install aircraft with no links but with screenshots

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I hope this is not a sharp comment to me for some screenshots i have post to the ''Off topic forum'' which force all of you scrolling to death Crying or Very sad ...If you being bothered from it i apologise Embarassed my friend Liono.

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Greekman72 this was not pointed towards you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Greekman72 this was not pointed towards you.

Ok...Sorry for the misunderstanding. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

MAVIRIRICKII,
I'm guessing that you downloaded this one from here.
FS2004 Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet

Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet. The Super Hornet has a square intake duct which distinguishes it from the original Hornet, as well as a jagged edge on the door and air intake to enhance the stealth effect. Created using FSDS2. Features animations and virtual cockpit. Model and panel by Daisuke Yamamoto. Paint and flight dynamics by Hiroaki Kubota. XML(Effects)Toshikazu Shimizu. (Team FS KBT).
I downloaded it, here is what you do.
Just put the entire folder (fa18e_sh) into the main aircraft folder.

My Computer is an icon on your desktop, double click on it.
Inside your main drive icon is "C".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder "Program Files".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder marked "Microsoft Games".
Double click on that.
Now you have a folder Flight Simulator.
Double click on that.
Laid out are all the simulator folders.
Strange, I would have thought the contents of the effects folder would go into the main effect folde but the instruction don't say that.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

MAVIRICKII wrote:

Just to try and establish what Maverick's problem actually is instead of tearing him to pieces... -- maybe he referred to the Flyaway link.

The other day I was extremely keen to get my hands on the Superhornet after drooling over Radarman's screenshots - the link of course led to Flyaway. Not once, but three times I started the download only to be cut off each time after about 10 megs. It was NOT due to my internet connection.

Maybe Maverick's intention was to say "not THIS link again" instead of "no links please" - I know it's a bit hard to decipher these days.

Rick 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tailhook,
I don't know if it's your connection or what the problem is but I posted the instructions above your post about the F-18 that I just downloaded from here today.
I know you can get it at avsim also if the problem continues.
You may need a download manager, no I don't use one.

I do believe he is complaining about the link we all give that's the "sticky" in the Aircraft Forum.

Radar

well ill try the links and follow them to the best of me abilites thx 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...