Boeing 737-300 flight instructional video - a must download!

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

I recommed everyone here download this:

It's a really excellent 1hr 33min video in which the pilot talks you through a return trip from London Stansted to Lisbon through several in-cockpit cameras in a B737-300. During the flight, he talks you through the FMC, Autopilot and all the instruments, and you get to witness all the takeoff and approach procedures first hand. It really is a must download for any simmer looking to learn the big jets, this puts you in the cockpit of a real one!

By the way, remember it's a torrent so please seed as much as you leach. Happy downloading! 🙂

Answers 36 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Just went to the recommended site piratebay.org. Antivirus program warned of malicious code on the site.
Go there at your own risk. Not me!

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

Just went to the recommended site piratebay.org. Antivirus program warned of malicious code on the site.
Go there at your own risk. Not me!

Thanks for that CRJCapt. Won't bother downloading it now, it would take too long anyway.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I got a virus from clicking on that link. Crying or Very sad I did get it removed though.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Um... I've used Pirate's Bay for ages without any problems whatsoever. Just get a free firewall and you will be fine I expect (I use Zone Alarm Free and AGV Antivirus Free and like I said I've had no trouble at all).

Fair enough if you don't want to download it, but it's your loss. And if you have a broadband connection and jump on while the torrent is still hot you'll have it in no time. I got mine in a few hours.

Take care, JTH 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

That video is actually payware, not freeware.

Downloading it from the Pirate's Bay would be a an illegal action.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

That video is actually payware, not freeware.

Downloading it from the Pirate's Bay would be a an ilegal action.

I had a feeling that the website 'Pirate's Bay' would mean that they are pirated videos.

ITVV make great videos/dvd's and ripping them off is illegal and irresponsible!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Exactly! I have the Airtours A330-200 video and it's wonderful! And I bought it not download it.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Exactly! I have the Airtours A330-200 video and it's wonderful! And I bought it not download it.

What is your favourite ITVV video Agus, I am looking for one as a Christmas present?

Pro Member Chief Captain

I was also looking for a video as a Christmas present 😉.

I only have one ITVV video, which is the Airtours A330-200 (http://www.itvv.com/aiha330dvd.asp) It is so great. The captain explains the cockpit very well.

Also I have a World Air Routes video, which is the Air France A330-200.
That is another wonderful video. I really like these aviation videos. 😀
Soon I'm going to buy the World Air Routes A340-600 of South African Airways.

Comparing my two videos, I prefer the ITVV one.

Which videos do you have, Jarred?

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Thanks for your reply Agus, I will look into it.

Unfortunately I don't have any videos at the moment, but by Christmas I should do. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Oh, didn't realise this one was payware 😕 .

Pro Member Chief Captain

You're welcome Jarred! 😉

If you want to take a look at the World Air Routes (Just Planes) website it's here: www.worldairroutes.com

The videos are really cool. I recommend them to you. And you have a wide variety of them.

Oh, didn't realise this one was payware .

Don't worry, JTH. It's fine. 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

You're welcome Jarred! 😉

If you want to take a look at the World Air Routes (Just Planes) website it's here: www.worldairroutes.com

The videos are really cool. I recommend them to you. And you have a wide variety of them.

Thanks for just making my video decision harder Agus! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

ROFL Yeah, they have lots of videos. I don't have much problem choosing a video because I always want to buy Airbus videos. Ya, I'm a freak 😂 Do you like the A340-600 aircraft? I'm going to buy the South African Airways video featuring the A340-600 tomorrow. If you want I can tell you if I like it or not.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

ROFL Yeah, they have lots of videos. I don't have much problem choosing a video because I always want to buy Airbus videos. Ya, I'm a freak 😂 Do you like the A340-600 aircraft? I'm going to buy the South African Airways video featuring the A340-600 tomorrow. If you want I can tell you if I like it or not.

Indeed I do like the A340-6 series. Yea if you wouldnt mind telling me how the video is then that would be great!

I was thinking a couple of weeks ago about going for a 744 video but then I changed my mind and am now probably going to go for a Airbus as it's a change from the Boeing.

Pro Member Chief Captain

There are also some fantastic Boeing videos. There is one about landings at Kai Tak Airport. That would be a good video because you see the B744 landing with heavy crosswinds and that approach to Kai Tak is difficult but wonderful to see.

I love the Airbus videos. Their cockpits are really cute. I have some freeware videos too taken from the www.a340.net website.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

There are also some fantastic Boeing videos. There is one about landings at Kai Tak Airport. That would be a good video because you see the B744 landing with heavy crosswinds and that approach to Kai Tak is difficult but wonderful to see.

I love the Airbus videos. Their cockpits are really cute. I have some freeware videos too taken from the www.a340.net website.

I have seen those videos on http://www.a340.net and they are great. Might watch them all again today! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have them all in my computer Twisted Evil Well, not all of them...just the Airbus ones.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Yea I have them on the computer too. Is the A340 your favourite Airbus?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yep. I love all the A340 series, specially the 600. ❤️

Which one is your favorite?

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

For the Airbuses I prefer 320's and 340's, but for Boeing my favourties are the 747 and 777.

Pro Member Chief Captain

The 777 used to be my favorite aircraft. I've completed some flights with it and also with the 747. I got some pictures of them. The quality is not the best, but now that I have a new video card the graphics improved a lot.

Yesterday I bought the A340-600 of South African Airways and the A340-300 of Swiss International Airlines videos. They should be arriving soon. 😀

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Yesterday I bought the A340-600 of South African Airways and the A340-300 of Swiss International Airlines videos. They should be arriving soon. 😀

OK, let me know how the video is and then I might buy at soon. From the photos it looks like a great video.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jarred!! The videos arrived today! 😳 That's way too fast! I'm so glad 😀 I ordered them on sunday night and they arrived today tueday afternoon. That's so great! 👍

I haven't watched them yet, but I will later. I wanna spend some time in the forums now. 😀

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

Jarred!! The videos arrived today! 😳 That's way too fast! I'm so glad 😀 I ordered them on sunday night and they arrived today tueday afternoon. That's so great! 👍

I haven't watched them yet, but I will later. I wanna spend some time in the forums now. 😀

Thats great Agus!
Looking forward to see just how great these videos are!
I will catch you later because I have go to school now.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, today I've watched the A340-600 video. It was really interesting and great! 😀 In the beginning they were talking about maintenance of the aircraft, and in the second flight from Toulouse to Johannesburg the pilot also talked about some maintenance when doing the outside checks.
That part was very interesting to me.
In that second flight the pilots teach you all about their flight, weather, flight plan, instrumentation, cockpit, etc. Overall, this video was great.
The ITVV videos are more professional than the World Air Routes ones, but these ones are great too. I give that video a 10 out of 10. 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Thanks for your info Agus. Sounds like a great video, I will keep my options open until Christmas.

Thanks again,
Jarred.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tomorrow I may watch the other video. I'll make some comments here.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

OK that will be good. Sorry my posts are a little rushed today, it is because I'm at school and don't have much time.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Don't worry, Jarred. It's not a problem 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Hi Agus,

I think that my decision will be based between these two videos here:

Virgin Atlantic 744: http://www.downunderpilotshop.co.nz/ITVV_Virgin_Atlantic_Boeing_747400_DVD-p-677.html

A340-600
(no link needed :wink🙂

I should decide within the next couple of days.

Pro Member Chief Captain

That Virgin Atlantic video looks promising. And it's from ITVV ❤️

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

That Virgin Atlantic video looks promising. And it's from ITVV ❤️

Yeah the ITVV videos look like they are the best avaliable. Personally I would get both, it's just I cant afford to with everything I want at the moment... Time to get a part time job. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

ROFL Good idea! 😉

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

ROFL Good idea! 😉

Indeed! The list goes on and on. Christmas is only a little less then a month away now, so that should shorten my list. 😂

Pro Member Trainee
aussieman1x Trainee

Not me .......I would like to see it but dont trust the alarm bells that go off

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...