Super Hornet F-18 (Textures Mark Rooks)

Pro Member Trainee
Sam99 Trainee

I've installed the add-on Hornet F-18 and found some problems.
a. Didn't found any specific gauge folder, so I copied the four CAB files from the panel folder in to the FSX's gauge folder.
b. It seems that all the gauges are in the 2-D panel, however no gauges could be seen on the 3-D panel (there are blank windows).
c. After Burning is not activated.
d. Only two link icons can be seen on the 2-D panel (GPS and AP), where are the other?

Any advice will be welcome.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sam99 wrote:

I've installed the add-on Hornet F-18 and found some problems.
a. Didn't found any specific gauge folder, so I copied the four CAB files from the panel folder in to the FSX's gauge folder.
b. It seems that all the gauges are in the 2-D panel, however no gauges could be seen on the 3-D panel (there are blank windows).
c. After Burning is not activated.
d. Only two link icons can be seen on the 2-D panel (GPS and AP), where are the other?

Any advice will be welcome.

This is one of those "half-hearted-thrown-together-with-my-own-picture-in-it" uploads. I can't blame you for having problems with it. I'll just ignore the less than helpful Read Me First .txt file and show you what the panel (2D cockpit) looks like after my install:

You: "..copied the four CAB files from the panel folder in to the FSX's gauge folder."

This is probably where you went wrong. The panel.zip has to be extracted to get to the panel folder. (Why the uploader didn't place the panel folder into the aircraft folder himself beats me Unsure ).
Allright, place the panel folder as is into the 'F 18 Blue Angels' folder.

You refer to the 3D panel (virtual cockpit?). I haven't learned yet how to access the VC in FSX, so I don't know what it's supposed to look like. Maybe my suggestion above will fix this problem.

Regarding the afterburner, this upload does not come with an afterburner, at least I can't find one. As far as I know, FSX does not have afterburner effects, so unless you've installed a 3rd party aircraft with AB effects, you won't have any.

I just flew Daisuke Yamamoto's original F-18 Super Hornet for fs9 to make a few comparisons. The original has ABs that kick in automatically and a functional VC.

I hope this has answered one or two of your questions Hack

😀

PS: I just figured out I could access the VC by using <F9> in another aircraft. No luck with this F-18 though Dont Know

Pro Member Trainee
Sam99 Trainee

Thanks for the advice.

Don't have any problem with the 2-D panel (since I've only copied the 4 CAB files, not moved them).
The problem is with the useless VC screen, since there are no gauges, but just blank windows.

Sam

P.S. I've addressed my questions to Mark Rooks. but with no reply.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...