Angel Falls

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I just finished watching a documentry on Venuzela, and the presenter visted "Angel Falls" the highest water fall in the world at 900m high (nearly 1km into the air) which was discovered by Mr. Angel, a pilot who crash landed there.

I'm just wondering if the falls are included as defult on fs2004 or if you can download a addon for it???

Thanks

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You will make all of us create a flight over Venezuela... 😉 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I doubt it. Venezuela is not a part of the (un)official Microsoft geography.
Don't take me wrong - I love FS - but the guys of the development team probably know of the outside world only what they're being presented with on TV. - Which, as we all know, can be very lopsided. Geek

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have no reason to doubt about your knowledges in FS my friend Tailhook but i have the impression that when i scrolling to countries i think that i have notice Venezuela.
Since im not home right now i cant search for prove it or not. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

I have no reason to doubt about your knowledges in FS my friend Tailhook but i have the impression that when i scrolling to countries i think that i have notice Venezuela.
Since im not home right now i cant search for prove it or not. Crying or Very sad

Indeed, my friend Greekman, you are right. In fact Ihave landed on and taken off from every single venezuelan airport available in MSFS - used to be an obsession of mine.

I was referring to the general rendering of the landscape. Whether you fly in Venezuela, Burma, Panama, Portugal or southern India - it all looks the same. As soon as you enter U.S. Airspace, everything changes. Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I havent notice this cause most of my flights are short and starts from LGAV(Athens)but i believe you on this without need to check it.

Anyway i think that MS has choose to give the most detailed taxtures and sceneries in countries which they know(from older FS versions)that they could sell the biggest number of their copies.
And seems that US and UK has the biggest part of the pie.Also since US is the motherland of MS it is obvious why we can spot ,there, the most detailed textures and sceneries.

I dont know if a poor child in Ethiopia has the ability to buy FS because this child has not the ability to feed himself.
So the MS people dont care to give detailed textures for a countrie that people cant give to MS their money... 😉

This is not a political or an offensive comment.Its only the simpe hard world of marketing.

My opinion of course.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Roger that - Greekman. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain
Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Wicked- Thanks Guys 🙂

I searched AVSIM a while ago for Angel Falls and it didnt exist then!

Thanks Again

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I certainly agree with you guys about Micrsoft forgetting about the rest of the world and only focussing on the US. They managed to include Manhatten's skyscrapers but not Singapores, Niagra Falls but not Victoria and Angel Falls ect. Mind you- they did have to cram the entire contents of the world onto 4 cd's (aswelll as all the lessons, flighs, aircraft and cfg files) a few years back when DVD's wern't as commen. Prehaps in thier next release they can sell it on a few DVD's instead, to enhance our world wide simming experience....?

Anyway, I clicked Radarman's and Greekman's links to the Anglel Falls scenery on avsim (mesh_cna.zip by David Maldonado) and installed it and went in search of the Angel Falls with only a brief look at the included map to begin with. I took of from 'SVCN' and flew around the area for a good 40 minutes in my cessna caravan, swooping in low through the vallys and climbing steeply up the cliff faces. I eventually found the falls, which are made out of photoreal textures:

Screenshot:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/444000/fallsSmall.jpg

I really reccomend you all download this scenery zip, its only 923kb (smaller than a megabyte) and covers over 3 million hectares of Venezuela topography with many stunning "table mountains". Heres a snapshot of a look at the simulator map and you can tell how much differnt it is from the default crap 😉

Screenshot:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/444000/terrain.jpg

It also reminded me how much fun Bush Flying is, so if you wanna join me flying online, just PM me or you can download my custom cessna "blue smoke flying club" repaint here: http://uploadhut.com/view.php/452793.zip (its also uploaded to avsim but currently under review)

Thanks for the links guys,

Maybe I'm missing something but the unrealistic rectangular presentation of what I saw when I downloaded and installed this scenery, flew round the area and sighted the falls was very unnatural. It does not blend well with the surrounding scenery and brings to mind a building facade, needless to say I have deleted the scenery

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Anyway, I clicked Radarman's and Greekman's links to the Anglel Falls scenery on avsim

A clearence my friend Cheekytrolly.

I didnt post a link here.Im not so good in this.I just quote RadarMans post and admire by Bow Down his knowledges. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...