Engine(s) not running on startup

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I think I blipped a key that caused my sim to stop having the engine(s) already running when startup as was previously the case.

They are actually running but only for seconds and then shut down and I have to use Control+E to get them up and running again - this doesn't always happen properly, especially on 4-engined jets.

Can anyone please advise which keystroke will restore my engine(s) to be properly running on startup? Grateful for help.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
crash_deplane Trainee

I believe if you load the default flight (or a flight where you left the engine running) and save the flight while checking the "make default" checkbox, then it should keep the engine running. Not sure why 2004 got rid of the "engine running on startup" option.

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Thanks for your response - I'll give it a go as I suspect it could well be something like that.

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Yes, I did as you suggested and it worked a treat. I also switched planes and that also behaved impecably.

Thanks again for your help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I prefer to start in a cold aircraft and to go through all the checklists and startup procedure

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

I prefer to start in a cold aircraft and to go through all the checklists and startup procedure

Trouble is Insight, you never get off the ground... seeing that your checklist is always at least partly obscured by Becky's lovely portrait.
❤️

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

hehehehe 🙂

the thing that stops me getting off the ground is having her in the cockpit with me 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That has a cosy ring to it... Group Wave

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...