V1 Rotation

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

Hey does anybody notice that as these long-bodied "stretch" versions of aircraft come out, V1 rotations are more of a challenge? I had to make three separate attempts to get an A340-300 off the ground the other day because my tail scraped the runway every time. The time I finally got it, I had used up most of the runway, and this was 25R at KLAX.

Am I doing something wrong? My trim is properly set, I'm rotating at the correct speed, and my angle is below 7 on the artificial horizon. I don't know what else to do! Dont Know

And to think this was just the A340-300, the -600 series looks like it's longer than a football field!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Slow your rate of rotation. 3 degrees per second for rotation. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

You might want to set flaps to '1'. This will give more lift for lower speeds 😉

PW

Pro Member First Officer

thanks PW, but my flaps are always down 5 degrees for takeoff (one notch on the a340)

i'll sloe my rate.. thanks CRJ

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Flaps 1 for takeoff is not recommended. Use Flaps 2 or Flaps 3, depending on your weight.

What's your trim setting?

I can rotate an A340-300 at a 7 degree pitch up. Then once the main landing gear is airborne I pitch the aircraft up to 13-15 degrees. And finally, before setting the throttles to the CL gate, I pitch down to 10 degrees.

Pro Member First Officer

my trim is usually between 1.2 and 2

and my flaps, ive tried 2 or 3. Any pitch above 7 or 8 scrapes my tail..

..well, if i'm still on the ground, that is.

perhaps the a340 just isn't my aircraft, lol

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Come on! It's not that hard to take the A340-300 into the air. 😉

I donĀ“t have problems when rotating at a 7 degree pitch up. Always pull your joystick slowly, not fast.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...