View rotation and virtual cockpit

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

Is there any way to do the view rotation on the keyboard, alternate to rotating the HAT on the joystick. I don't have a joystick, and I doubt I'd be getting one soon. Anyway can somone please help me, I really need help with this. thanks to anyone who helps 🙂

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I don't think so no. Two things you could try, but I don't know whether they'd work. Press SHIFT + then move around using the Num pad Dont Know or in the assignments section, see if you can change the little setting (can't remember what it's called). It's a little slider that you can change so you don't have to keep pressing a button, it's used for the hat switch. Try that but I doubt they would work, sorry 😞

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

If you have a scroll mouse then I think you can look around by pressing the middle mouse button and moving the mouse. I could be wrong though, i have active camera installed and it may be a function of active camera. worth a try though.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks, but they both didn't work. Does anyone else know? 😞

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

If you just want to look out of different windows (i.e. left and right, back etc) make sure NUM LOCK is on on your keyboard. Then, using the number keypad, 4 looks left, 6 looks right, 1 looks back and left etc)

But if you actually want to pan around, there are assignments for the keyboard. YOu'll just have to look for them in the assignments list.

Free alternative to active camera is F1View http://atr.flight1.net/atr_downloads.asp

this lets you pan around using the mouse

Good luck!

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for the link! I'm having problems panning around. it doesn't seen to pan around at all. Infact, when I use the controls, the view only changes outside of the cockpit. Do you know how to activate pan view? I tested it in a Boeing 747-400 but it didn't work.

Pro Member First Officer
Bartholomew First Officer

I would like to tell you one thing: get yourself a joystick as fast as you can!

I also didn't have it at first, but when I got it I wondered how could I ever do without it. It's much easier and more realistic with a joystick

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Pan view only works in virtual (3D) cockpit mode. It will not work in 2D mode.

I think this is your problem.

I agree, it would really help if you flew with a joystick - i cant fly with the keyboard...i find it impossible! 😕

Pro Member First Officer

Sorry for my utterly noobish questions but how do you turn it to virtual 3d cockpit mode? Sorry for my stupid questions Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer

Oh and about the joystick, I have too many purchase priorities above the joystick so it will take some time before i get one.

Pro Member Chief Captain

For virtual cockpit, which is the 3D cockpit mode in some aeroplanes you just press "S" a few times to cycle the views. 😀

Pro Member First Officer

Ah yes, I see it, thanks a lot for your help.

Pro Member Chief Captain

No problem 😉

gentleman initiate Guest

where is the taxying tecnique section in 2004

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...