Google Earth!!!

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Did you know that the definition of google earth may show you a B-2 Spirit?....If not check this coordinates= 34 28 13.94 N, 118 04 55.36 W

Answers 22 Answers

Jump to latest
Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

All I get is this:

No B2 Spirit 😞

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (eagle3) Trainee

try that the one on the google website 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Just check on google, there's not B-2 there???

Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I checked here www.maps.google.com and I see the same image that Cheeky posted. 😕

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer
Pro Member Captain

oh!
Sorry, let me check it again...
I might spell that one wrong.
😕
my mistake

I was looking goolge earth and i found many interesting things, such as many F/A-22 Raptors and an F-117!

Know is there! sorry my little but no so little mistake: try this 34 38 13.94 N, 118 04 55.36 W

Last edited by Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

All I get is this:

No B2 Spirit 😞

Yes you are correct, i re-type it and i get the same image as u!, i am sure that the coordinates are ok, but i took a picture of it.

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor (Flyboy92) First Officer

WOW that's very cool! the second coordinates you gave worked! Good find

Flyboy92

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

wow.. awesome 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Now it works 😛

It's pretty cool!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

can someone screenshot it and show those of us who don't have google earth installed?

pwetty pwease!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Go to http://maps.google.com/ and type the coordinates there. Click on Satellite to see the image.

This way it's easy for us 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

whoa! i scrolled up through that area where the B-2 is and found Edwards AFB. Look at all these runways and things drawn in the sand.. there's even a giant compass! ...do they test new aircraft prototypes at Edwards? because i'd like to know what's going on out on that dry lakebed.

(the coordinates are on the bottom of the screenshots below)

here's the pics..

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Thats freaking weird.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

pilotguy44 wrote:

whoa! i scrolled up through that area where the B-2 is and found Edwards AFB. Look at all these runways and things drawn in the sand.. there's even a giant compass! ...do they test new aircraft prototypes at Edwards? because i'd like to know what's going on out on that dry lakebed.

Edwards has been a research flight facility for many many years.
Some day I'll tell you the story of how the Air Police told me to get off "a government preserve" and I did. Yes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwards_Air_Force_Base

Radar

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

That's weird, I don't get any of that sandy stuff, but I did find the B2 Bomber:

Why the heck is there a huge sand compass at that base by the way, and why are there sand runways???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

The runway at Area51, if you look closely enough - extends off into the sand for a couple of miles in either direction too

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

That's weird, I don't get any of that sandy stuff, but I did find the B2 Bomber:

Why the heck is there a huge sand compass at that base by the way, and why are there sand runways???

You are not seeing the sand because you are not looking at Area 51
the photo above is of an airfield near Palmdale and Lancaster(not named by google 🙄 )

PS have a look at the buildings just above the start of R04 and there is another 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

now let's not confuse Edwards AFB with Area 51... they are two completely separate facilities separated by hundreds of miles of desert 😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

now let's not confuse Edwards AFB with Area 51

Ahh, we are talking about Area 51 again are we now? Whoops- my bad 😕

What is with the sand runways anyway, surley the fighter jets and stealth bombers need a hard surface to land on?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

perhaps they aren't actually sand but are made to look so to make them harder to spot from the air... given they are runways i realise that doesn't make a tremendous amount of sense 🙂

Pro Member Captain

I allready found two more runways in the dry lake, perpendicularly to the long on, wich gets in the sand as well.

You may also want to look up all the AFB in the US, because i´ve found interestin stuff, such as F-22 and an F-117 (with less definition than the B-2 one), but is prety good.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...