Help FSweb folder

hi,
i bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004" about a week ago, because i have been told for my birthday next year i will be getting a set of 24 lessons (real lessons)
ive been trying to get information to read up on the lessons in game and help
me get it in my head,
th reason for my post is im hoping someone will have done, or know how to Index the /FSweb content of the "X :\Program Files\MS-Flight Simulator" folder, i understand from poking around in there, the content could easy be put in to a indexed order to view the info out of game, atm my dad who also has a FS sim but very very low grade (98 ) would like better info,
as well as for my self to be able to study the info out of game.

so...
1, has anyone indexed the Html data in the Fsweb folder if so, are they willing to shear it,
2, anyone know of a place that as the SAME info as the lessons in MSFS 2004, in the same layout ect,
anyone willing to give the info or if u know of it would u reply/e-mail me
Dennis@thedarkdevils.co.uk.nospam (remove the .nospam)
Thanks
Dennis 🙄

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

There are much better sims for what you are looking for. Go to a large airport and there will be a pilots store. There are sims that are for training of the aircraft you will have lessons in.
They will have the exact same panel as a trainer. No frills scenery, and an airport to practice your touch, and goes with.
Cost is reasonable. Plus all your training books, maps equipment, headsets, etc will be there. 😀

DennisUk01 Guest

well unforturnaly the nerest airport is about 50 miles away, and i dont drive,
when i take my lessons i will get a lift,
what im trying to find it,
in " FSweb\Lessons\Student\images" theres imges with there file names to each lesson, however ive not found the html file that the img's link to,
that info for now will get me started, if u know of where this info has been decyiped or know how i can find that info in them files, let me know,
thanks for your help in adv, and soo far,
dennis
e-mail above!
PS: ive paid to become a member, not heard any word yet! same e-mail as above, without the .nospam

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

Normally your account is approved of in about two days.

DennisUk01 Guest

➡ 😀 Thanks,

wolfmanofdeath Guest

hi,
try looking at
"/FSweb/Lessons/Student/Studentlessons01.htm"
for imgs in the "FSweb\Lessons\Student\imagesLesson1Figure01"
ie:
"/FSweb/Lessons/Student/Studentlessons01.htm"
first img is ----> "FSweb\Lessons\Student\imagesLesson1Figure01.gif"
im sure it would be easy to layout for display on a website,
let me know if it helps
thanks
Twisted Evil wolfman of death Twisted Evil

DennisUK01 Guest

I found the info i wanted,
"FSweb/Lessons/Lessons_index_mainframe.htm" is the full Pre-indexed html files, shows it as it does ingame,
thanks for everyones help,
dennis

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...