I can't find the aircraft directory folder?

Pro Member Trainee
RobinDR400 Trainee

Hi there my name is Hamish and I recently became a pro member. I have downloaded the F8A Sabre and it says for it to work you have to unzip the file and put it into the Aircraft Directory folder. The only problem is when I double-click on the flight simulator x files document it does not show the aircraft directory. Can you please help me with this

Many happy flying days
Hamish Kay

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Welcome to the Fly Away Simulation community! I'm more than happy to help you locate the Aircraft Directory folder for your Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) installation. The F8A Sabre is an excellent choice, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it immensely.

To install the aircraft, you'll need to locate the "SimObjects" folder, which is usually within the main FSX installation folder. The path to the folder can vary depending on where you installed FSX, but the default location for FSX is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

If you have FSX: Steam Edition, the path might be different:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes

Please note that if your system is 32-bit, the "Program Files (x86)" part might simply be "Program Files".

To install the F8A Sabre, follow these steps:

1. Unzip the downloaded F8A Sabre package using a file extraction tool like WinRAR or 7-Zip.
  2. Locate the folder containing the unzipped aircraft files. It should have a folder named "F8A Sabre" or something similar.
  3. Copy this folder (the entire folder, not just the contents) into the "Airplanes" folder within the "SimObjects" folder in your FSX installation directory.

If you still can't locate the correct folder, try searching for an existing aircraft's folder on your computer (e.g., "Airbus_A321" or "C172"). This should lead you to the correct "Airplanes" folder where you can install the F8A Sabre.

I hope this helps you get your F8A Sabre up and running in FSX! If you have any further questions or issues, please don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your time in the skies, Hamish!

Many happy flying days!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...