Im switching... some help please?

lemonwonder Guest

Ok, I am thinking very seriously of swapping from FSX to FS2004.

I have searched the forum... but not found really what I wana hear.

I cant run the game without gamespy eventually ragging out, then needing a re-install, or having something like a Direct X 9.0 error (have tried EVERYTHING TO FIX)

Could I maybe have some comparison skreenies, and does FS2004 have New Zealand Auckland AirPort in it, or is there anywhere i can download it. FSX agrovates me soo much that I cant play it because I end up angry!

So yeh, any comments of performance, any neat addons or anything I would love to hear about... thanks heaps!!!!!!!!

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Auckland sceneries and related for fs9 ➡

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=auckland&CatID=fs2004scen&Go=Search

The default scenery in fs9 is inferior to FSX - that is if you can run FSX maxed out.

Having said that, there are so many add-on sceneries both freeware and payware available for fs9 that your head will start to spin because you'll be spoiled for choice.

Shelve FSX for the time being and have fun with fs9 Yes

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

At least here in the south western US, FS2004 (FS9) has been removed from store shelves. I found 1 damaged box behind a display of FSX in one store. It's also discontinued by many net marketers.

lemonwonder Guest

Thanks for the auckland sceneries. I just wana get the main ones for aussie and new zealand. I cant run fsx very well (even with settings ULTRA LOW) so I am hoping fs9 will be better. Also... how much does downloading new sceneries lag the performance?

lemonwonder Guest

Ok, I bought the game today... a few mins of flying... the mouse yoke I downloaded doesnt work, and the view limitations are terrible. I am going to sell both FSX and FS2004 on Trademe (like ebay) because I cant stand either of them, 2004 for stinkness and fsx for slowness and errors

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If you're interested in Australian scenery, check out VOZ ➡ http://vistaoz.org/

What's a 'mouse yoke '?

lemonwonder Guest

I selling it so i dont need scenery. Mouse yoke is when u control the airplane with mouse... like if u press CTRL + Y in fsx

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Try X-Plane, maybe you'll like that better. I would get a joy stick. 😉
http://x-plane.com/

lemonwonder wrote:

Ok, I bought the game today... a few mins of flying... the mouse yoke I downloaded doesnt work, and the view limitations are terrible. I am going to sell both FSX and FS2004 on Trademe (like ebay) because I cant stand either of them, 2004 for stinkness and fsx for slowness and errors

if you step back the graphics quality a bit, FSX is quite good.

of course, it is still only a MS product. It is not a professional sim.

I think the product is ahead of its time. The hardware needs a couple of years to catch up.

I wonder if Vista would make a difference? (with hi-perf hw, of course.)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...