Farewell....... Crying or Very sad

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Westernstyle wrote:

Farewell Fs2004, with your bad frames, im am switching to FSX now. 😞

Good luck with that 😳 , if you're having bad frame rates with FS2004 i can't wait till you see FSX 🙄 ! Oh and it's cartoonlike textures that make even the UK look like a desert and it's aircraft that sound like hairdryers or washing machines oh and no Nav lights on the 737 😳 , i could go on but i'm bored now.

Last edited by Welshflyer on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Strange enough when I had fs9 I was getting great frame rates but for the last 4 months I had it with clouds I would get less then 2 FPS when I would average 24 FPS with clouds normally.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Westernstyle wrote:

Just make sure you don't sell those FS2004 disks - they'll come in handy when you return to fs9 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

if you're having bad frame rates with FS2004 i can't wait till you see FSX

What she said AHEM, HE said. No insult of any kind at you Welshflyer 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

Welshflyer wrote:

Westernstyle wrote:

Good luck with that 😳 , if you're having bad frame rates with FS2004 i can't wait till you see FSX 🙄 ! Oh and it's cartoonlike textures that make even the UK look like a desert and it's aircraft that sound like hairdryers or washing machines oh and no Nav lights on the 737 😳 , i could go on but i'm bored now.

ACTUALLY, i get 20 fps in FSX, really good.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Cheeks wrote:

Welshflyer wrote:

None taken, you should see the dress i'm wearing 😀 !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Cheeks wrote:

Welshflyer wrote:

None taken, you should see the dress i'm wearing 😀 !

ROFL
Got the guts to show the dress to everyone? 😁

PS: Sorry to go off topic

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Here you go Cheeks:

Please don't tell him I posted this Devil

Pro Member Trainee
Tony Forrest (Tony-YSSY) Trainee

At the moment in FSX I'm flying over Manilla with frame rates between 60fps and 120 fps, I have 2 main gen sliders maxed out and the rest on 75%. FSX like FS9 when it first came out needed a bit of tweaking to get it right. I think we now have it right. At very busy VATSIM Airports, KLAX, YSSY, EGLL, my fps drops to around 20-25.

You have made a good decision. If you need a hand, give me a yell on the pm and I'll give you a few tips, or you can watch for tips and tricks in the FSX forum.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/34915/tonys-tips-for-fsx/

Good luck.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Here you go Cheeks:

Please don't tell him I posted this Devil

ROFL
Ill be laughing for a while 😂

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Where did you get that photo ? 😳 😳 😳 The wife promised not to show anyone Crying or Very sad .

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You should see the one I've got of her in men's attire 😛

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

What a handsome woman she is 😀 !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

She is indeed... you didn't know I had this, did you

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

"Save those FS9 Discs.." I agree you will want them to reinstall FS9 after you discover just how 'fasinating" FSX is. If you have trouble running FS9, a whole new world awaits you in FSX. Trust the adivce in here go back to your FS9 and simply install the upgrades and add in the aircaft you want. While FSX in some cases has better looking panels and stuff. And comes with better looking scenery. It's problems far outweigh this slight advantage. When you add a few upgrades and downloads to FS9 is becomes very comparible to FSX with the miriad of issues FSX is becomming famous for. I've had both, and guess which I've sold and don't miss? To miss quote Arnold - "You'll be back..."

Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

Well iv been at FSX for a while and tweaking, so that has helped me go to 40fps. I might go back to 04 within the year.

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Hee,hee, I suspect you will. I admit I love the graphics in FSX, but the program is huge and eats a lot of memory. I don't realy need to see vehicle traffic on the roads and such when flying the Lear at FL250, so it's not so big a deal. I've added the FSGenisis to the FS2004 scenery and it takes care of a lot of the FS9 Shortfalls in that area. Good luck with FSX, I grew to hate it. Wink

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...