Benchmarking: See what your system can really do.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

I bought a benchmarking program to see where my system stacks up with the rest of the gaming world. I downloaded 3DMark06 from Futuremark and tested my rig.....

I was amazed at the benchmarking graphics and how the processing power my cpu operated during benchmarking. The graphics power of the Superclocked 8800GTS is phenominal!! What makes me scratch my head is why FSX requires so much tweaking in both the program and the hardware itself. Here is how my system stacks up with the rest of the systems:

Out of 942682 system configuations, there are 141820 systems with a higher score and 800862 systems with a lower score than my system, which makes my system part of the top 15% of the fastest systems. However, compared with the 25 similar system configurations, my computer is among the SLOWEST: the fastest being 8467 and the slowest being 6806. I am at 7289.

So what does means? In order to really run FSX at max speed without trading off on graphics, I have to seriously consider overclocking. But how do you overclock a SUPERCLOCKED GPU? I use NVidias' nTune to overclock my system, but is there another program that can assist in overclocking more efficiently?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
The_Finman Trainee

GundamWZero wrote:

So what does means? In order to really run FSX at max speed without trading off on graphics, I have to seriously consider overclocking. But how do you overclock a SUPERCLOCKED GPU? I use NVidias' nTune to overclock my system, but is there another program that can assist in overclocking more efficiently?

Yes, the RivaTuner is GREAT!

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

Rivatuner is one of the (if not the) best Tweak Utilities available for NVIDIA GeForce and ATI Radeon based videocards.

RivaTuner is a complete powerful tweaking
tool for NVIDIA GeForce & AMD ATI Radeon graphics cards, providing everything you may need to tune GPU based display adapters. The widest driver-level Direct3D / OpenGL and system tuning options, flexible profiling system allowing to make custom settings on per-application basis, both driver-level and low-level hardware access modes, unique diagnostic and real-time hardware monitoring features and exclusive power user oriented tools like built-in registry editor and patch script engine make RivaTuner's feature set absolutely unmatched. RivaTuner supports all NVIDIA display adapters starting from Riva TNT family up to the latest GeForce 7 series and widest range of NVIDIA drivers starting from the oldest Detonator 2.08 up to the newest ForceWare drivers family

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

I'll try that out then..... I used NTune but I'll give that a try. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...