Add on installation

Pro Member Trainee
George (gepreck) Trainee

Hi,

I have just downloaded 'carrierop1146' and 'harfsx' but unfortunately have no idea on how to install them. I have tried copying and pasting into flight sim files which works, but when i load up the game i can track nothing of these. I am well and truly clueless.

Could i please have some tips?

Thanks

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

gepreck wrote:

Hi,

I have just downloaded 'carrierop1146' and 'harfsx' but unfortunately have no idea on how to install them. I have tried copying and pasting into flight sim files which works, but when i load up the game i can track nothing of these. I am well and truly clueless.

Could i please have some tips?

Thanks

Welcome to the forums gepreck 😀

First the 'carrierop1146' - that is a file for FS2004 and being a carrier I doubt that it will be compatible with FSX. I installed another FS2004 carrier yesterday into FSX. It installed allright and showed up but was sitting in the middle of the ocean on a sandbar and when I put an aircraft on the deck, it would only place itself below deck in the holding area.
I have this file in my archive and while I could take you through the installation procedure for FS2004, I won't do this for FSX because I'm almost certain that at least a small disaster would be the result.

Generally, when installing any kind of downloaded files into the flightsim, the best way is to extract the contents of the .zip folder into a temporary folder and then look for installation instructions in the readme file or any other document.

Now the 'harfsx' - I don't have this particular Harrier and I'm aware that it has supposedly been updated for FSX. A couple of members here are happy with it ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/23201/harrier/

This one shouldn't be too difficult to install. If you have problems, post the installation instructions here and we'll go through it together.

You can also consult this page: https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Just remember that in FSX the Aircraft Folder is a subfolder of SimObjects.

Let us know how you're getting on.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...