Take-off problems with add-ons

Pro Member Trainee
mhansen Trainee

Hi. I'm new to FS2004 and to add-ons especially. My problem is this: When I try to take off using one of the add-ons I downloaded (Firefox, F-117, B1B all come to mind), the airplane rolls over onto its left wheels and won't go into the air. It just rolls around until it crashes.

Is this a problem with my installation? The aircraft included with FS2004 don't give me this problem.

Thanks.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Does this happen to all aircraft, the default ones also.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

mhansen wrote:

The aircraft included with FS2004 don't give me this problem.

i think he means that the default ones dont do this just d/loaded ones.

Pro Member Trainee
mhansen Trainee

Right. The default ones do not do this. Only the downloaded aircraft. Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

I downloaded a "C-130", and when i went for a flight in it, all it did was go round in circles.After some investigation,i went to the fuel and payload section and found out it 35000lbs over weight!!!.Once i had lightened the load i tried again and it seemed to work.So you could try that Idea ,and if that doesn't work.... Dont Know

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Make sure autopilot is OFF, if it starts to go to the right or left on take off press Z.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

How are you controlling the aircraft? (keyboard, joystick, etc.)

Pro Member Trainee
mhansen Trainee

SamIntel wrote:

Make sure autopilot is OFF, if it starts to go to the right or left on take off press Z.

Thank you everyone for your assistance. I got (almost) all of them working now. It was a combination of autopilot, auto-throttle, and in a couple of cases, the wings were set level at about 45 degrees. That might explain the tipping to one side. Wink

Is autopilot/auto-throttle set on or off depending on your last flight, or is it a config file for each airplane? Auto-throttle, for instance, is always on with the F-15 I'm using, and never on the others.

Thanks again.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...