Vista - I increased 8fps "by mistake" on "the

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Hello fellow simmers,
I've had Vista Hprem. for about 4 months now - upgrad - and after several calls to MS - ALL has been running great.
AFTER initial install, when I started FSX and would get to either "missions" or "free flight" - my screen looked like I was running 16 bit color with these "massive" horizontal window shade blinds - MS tried to resolve the issue for over two weeks - I "accidently" stumbled when I went to "personalize" and looked at Themes - the default theme was AERO - second default, Vista Basic, third was Windows Classic.......................
I changed the "theme" to Vista Basic, and the "problem absolutely went away -
Last night, through a "tip" on this forum to turn "on" anitaliasing, which I did. By doing this, that "tip" eliminated my "shimmers" problem.

Today, I wanted to FSX again, and for whatever reason, had the "window shade/blind problem again. Looked at "themes", and lo and behold, there was AERO as default. Changed to Vista Basic, everything was fine again.

NOW, FINALLY to the meat of the post - So, I thought, why "not" go to Windows Classic theme and just "see" what happens.........Did so -

Well, quality was just as good, if not better, that Vista Basic Theme and I piced up a minimum of 8 fps.........................

Maybe this may help some Vista Users.

cthiggin

Anthlon Single Core, 3 Gig Ram, 22" WSMonitor, 8800 GTS -

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

Vista automatically switches to the basic theme when you start FSX ?

Does for me anyway

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Reply to GoodisonBlue -
My Vista "themes" default is "Windows Vista" and the Aero interface works fine. When FSX is started, I get the little notification window stating that "Vista" is changing due to program.......then FSX starts. Mine does not change to the "Windows Classic Theme" - Does yours? and should it?
Thanks so much for your reply -
cthiggin

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

FSX automattically changes to the Windows Vista Basic theme, not Classic.

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

I have a great question. My computer also had a pop up when I launched FSX. Telling me it has to change the theme OR WHATEVER YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. well, i SELECTED THE CHECK TO NOT SHOW IT ANYMORE AND I WANT IT BACK. i KNOW THAT SEEMS WEIRD, BUT i WANT THAT POP UP BACK. anyone KNOW HOW TO HAVE IT TURNED ON AGAIN?
THANKS

Sorry for the caps I hit it by mistake before I looked up at the screen.

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

cthiggin wrote:

Reply to GoodisonBlue -
My Vista "themes" default is "Windows Vista" and the Aero interface works fine. When FSX is started, I get the little notification window stating that "Vista" is changing due to program.......then FSX starts. Mine does not change to the "Windows Classic Theme" - Does yours? and should it?
cthiggin

Sorry mate, I was getting confused between 'basic' and 'classic'

GoodisonBlue wrote:

cthiggin wrote:

Reply to GoodisonBlue -
cthiggin

Sorry mate, I was getting confused between 'basic' and 'classic'

it is only a theme

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

Any suggestions...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...