Retexture

Pro Member Trainee
Agamer Trainee

How do I retexture a plane as when ever i open up the texture files it is all blank.

If youcan help thx in advance

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

😎 Aloha A, Well you are probably opening FS planes, if so the textures are in the main texture file,only those that are made by a third party have the textures in the plane folder,in general. So if you want to change texture you will have to get a program to do it. Theres a good one at (abacus) thats called VOSS gold, and I think that they also have onother one but not sure of the name. Hope that helps, Ric

Pro Member Trainee
Agamer Trainee

well were do you get one of therm as i want to re do a texture for a plane so it probaly need to start on the original plane tex so thats hy I want to know

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

😎 Aloha, Sorry I forgot to ad the address (http://www.abacuspub.com)
Ric

scotteiboi Guest

When i install textures for my aircraft they aren't recognized..what am i doing wrong?

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Scotteiboi - have you also changed the airfcraft configuraton file (aircraft.cfg) ?

Pro Member Trainee
truth Trainee

What i used first is a program that Radarman put me onto. Its called DXTBmp
It works for the basic stuff. Thats all you really need.

The only thing is that abacus (FSREPAINT) gives you 3d views and live views when you edit them and its 10 times easier to use. Hope that helps Embarassed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...