3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Maybe some time in the future
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 32

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Are we all looking forward to what FS2004 is going to bring? Are we all setting aside the money to purchase the much talked about package? What are your views on it, is it all it is talked about to be? Lets see what you guys think... ❓

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
MrDon Trainee

🙂 Have already preordered 2004. I'm sure it will have some bugs in it, but also know there are a lot of smart people out there that will be able to over come the problems. After all anything man does will have some mistakes. that's what make it so great, we learn. I'm 68 yrs young and love prop planes. Worked on and flew on props C-47, B-26, KB-50's. Keep up the good work so old folks like me can still learn.
MrDon

Pro Member Site Admin

It's great to see older guys still enjoying flight using the technology of computers. You keep up the flying, and we'll keep supplying you guys with the news, downloads, information and reviews.

Pro Member Site Admin

Whether you will be purchasing FS2004 now, or later - please support Fly Away Simulation by purchasing your package via Amazon using the link below. Thank you.:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000096KDT/flyaway-20

bond_2003 Guest

Based on what i have seen from the screenshots, i think FS2004 is a good buy. However, i would still like a better ground scenery around the airports. For example, Los Angeles International. Terminals 1-7 are depicted greatly in 02, but the Tom Bradley Internation terminal is terrible. Passenger bridges can be added to all terminals in this game.

I am pleased with the fact that multiple runways are used and the cloud scenery is better.

P.S. Simflyers should give their products away for free!!!!!

Por Guest

I've tested fs2004 ( i know, not out yet, blah blah ) But I did this with many things. I call this "try before you buy".

Plenty of payware has been installed on my HD and been removed the same day. Simply because I wanted to have a look but only fly the Fokker50 from Espen and plain FS, with maybe some freeware airports.

Now I had a look at 2004 with the thought in mind being "yeah yeah, new clouds ... so what ?? And what about the rest ??"

What ABOUT the rest !! Mand people talk clouds and weather all the time, but MAN the rest has changed !! The ground textures aren't yet giving me feer-of-height thrill, but are MUCH better than they used to.

In general I was overwhelmed that this sim IS that much better than the one we had. Still that doesn't make me say that fs2002 isn't good or is no longer good enough.

To my oppinion: FS2002 = super, FS2004 = super+

That simple. And the fact that there IS substantial change between the two made me decide to buy the sim once it's released rather than deleting it and forgetting 'bout it untill fs2006 comes out.

Hope people won't go mad on me now for downloading this .. I see this as a preview and not as a steal and use illegally. Hope you understand !

Cheers,

Philippe

Por Guest

For example, Los Angeles International. Terminals 1-7 are depicted greatly in 02, but the Tom Bradley Internation terminal is terrible. Passenger bridges can be added to all terminals in this game.

Just think of this: why bother making the FS team spend 1000 of houres (if you add all persons houres up you might well get there) on making the default scenery right when there will be PLENTY of freeware versions available that look 100 times as nice ??? Let the FS team focus on making substantial changes to the code of the game, let them implement new things etc. But don't want them to make more accurate scenery, more accurate planes ... they make things possible, we do them and finish off the sim. That simple.

Now the remark on adding "passengers bridges", that i can agree with. Indeed adding those funny "arms" to the buildings would make them look more like the caterpillars they look like in real life. And so make an airport with not much scenery on look MUCH more like an airport indeed ! Good point !! But doing so would require the FS team to change 3, maybe 4 buildings which would be finished after 1 day of work. If you'd ask them to make ALL airports over the entire world look good ... u know ..

Besides, you US people shouldn't complain. Come to europe for a holiday and then go flying FS and tell me if europe in fs looks like the real thing .. 😕

Pro Member Site Admin

Besides, you US people shouldn't complain. Come to europe for a holiday and then go flying FS and tell me if europe in fs looks like the real thing .. 😕

Being from Europe myself, I know exactly what you mean Phillipe 😕

Pro Member Trainee
folding4 Trainee

flyaway wrote:

Being from Europe myself, I know exactly what you mean Phillipe 😕

It must be very very difficult for US people to imagine how our airports look like !!!! At least they could buy or ask us photos that we all should be happy to send to them!!
[/quote]

Pro Member Site Admin

I think it's got more to do with the fact that most of the people who buy and play Flight Sim are from the US, and the fact that Flight Sim is manufactured in the US also does not help. But, this is a very lengthy topic to discuss.

Pro Member Site Admin

Got some great new FS2004 screenshots for you guys, these really are amazing:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004/

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total
Turpin Guest

FS2004 is just great! 😀

Bartman Guest

😀
My ordered copy of MSFS2004 arrived promptly from Amazon on 23rd,and yes it`s worth it!! My system is not state of the art (Athlon XP2000,GeForce Ti4600,1024mB ram,Windows XP),but even so,I get a BETTER FPS performance than I did on FS2002 !! The graphics are much smoother,esp. autogen update.The max graphics settings are TOO much for ANY current machine out there! With mip mapping turned right up there is too much going on! Turn it down to 4 or 5 (8 is max) & the scenery is much more realistic.Keep all other settings as high as your machine can handle.Forget the min.spec, quoted by MS! You need at least a computer of similar spec. to mine otherwise you will be disappointed.This is a simulation & therefore realism is paramount.It needs to operate smoothly,with good detail
The scenery is much more detailed & looks fantastic from 2000+ feet. The clouds & weather are superb! The Garmin GPS is a great improvement.The ATC is still crap if you have ever experienced real flight,but subtle changes have made it more user friendly.The FPS issue is strange as I expected a worse performance! However,on FS2002 I did not bother flying later Posky or Meljet planes cos of frame rates around 5-9fps ! On FS2004 those same planes now get 16-35fps !!! Also those aircraft that I transferred,& that do work in 2004(many don`t!) also look sharper & clearer as well as improved fps performance.I can only assume that Microsoft has updated the graphics engine & now my graphics card is doing it`s job without as much reliance on my CPU.
Apart from my warnings re: machine spec. I can heartily recommend FS2004 as a good buy.It`s a marked improvement on FS2002!

Crazy Spas Guest

You guys should stop your moaning. I live in New Zealand and sure when you fly the shape of the land looks right but they don't even include the Sky Tower, the tallest building in the southern hemisphere. Also there is a main road called Puhiniui Road that is almost excatly inline with AKL (Auckland International Airport) and I know as a matter of fact that pilots of all aircraft landing at AKL use the road as a visual reference to help them line up with the runyway is not included!

Pro Member Site Admin

Yepp, lets all agree that Flight Simulator has a long way to go yet. I think that the upgrades in technology should help - DVD media in particular, to cram all of they scenery and data information onto one disk.

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

This is THE BEST Fight Sim yet ! And the best feature improvement has to be the Progressive Taxi that leads you to the runway!! rob

Guest Guest

Flight simulator 2004 really was a step up from the 2002 version. The historical aircraft really added to the enjoyment. Shame FSX don't include the old classics Crying or Very sad least the DC3 is still avaliable 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I guess that this is a new WR for the most deep digging post. 😂 😂 😂 😉

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:22 pm

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...