FS2004 View

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

Hi i uninstalled my FSX the other day and i thought before i reinstalled it il give FS9 another go well to be honest i might stay with FS9 and plus i got a better computer to play FSX with and now my FS9 works even better that i last used due to my new computer i ahve everything on 100% 😂

But anyway now down to business when you go on the SPOT view can you also do like what you can in FSX do a lock view cos thats always my best view and i dont like useing spot.

Thanks for reading. 😀

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

When you first posted your first screenshots, no offence, they weren't too good. I thought FS9 would've been better for you. But since you've upgraded your computer, why not keep both? 😉

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

someone showed me last year how to lock spot on fs9 but i forget how. i just remember that it was different than fsx and i didn't like it.
i suppose everyone will gag when i say it but i fly from locked spot in fsx most of the time because i can see more.

Pro Member Captain

Yer thats what i used to do i always flew in locked view i found it better

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Ok someone break it down for me here... locked spot?

Pro Member Captain

belgeode wrote:

Ok someone break it down for me here... locked spot?

In FSX when you go onto SPOT view you can click A it will then witch to LOCK VIEW so you when you press SHIFT and then a arrow it will move anywhere you want around the plane.

Much better than just 4 turn's around the plane

Pro Member Chief Captain

I see... thanks. So I take it you cannot do this in FS9?

Pro Member Captain

Thats what i want to know i want to cos i'v seen screenshots taken at diffrent angles that just the front & side view's

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

The hat switch on my joystick does this for me, you can also do it with f1veiw (free)

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok Morris, I am a little thick here... give me an example of what you mean... I thought we could take pix from all angles already?

Pro Member Captain

I dont know its just when playing FS9 you click S to go to your SPOT view and you can only go round the plane 4 times the sides and front & back.

But i have seen youtube videos and videos of fs9 players flying the plane at like a half way from the front and side so like say he was heading north the view he was at was S/W and itr was staying there still

but even im getting confused now (im like that) 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

ok i get it... different camera POV... I think we can do that anyways... hmm... now you got me curious.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

morris91 wrote:

I dont know its just when playing FS9 you click S to go to your SPOT view and you can only go round the plane 4 times the sides and front & back.

But i have seen youtube videos and videos of fs9 players flying the plane at like a half way from the front and side so like say he was heading north the view he was at was S/W and itr was staying there still

but even im getting confused now (im like that) 😂

Most of those people use fraps, a program for capturing video.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...