Running 2 monitors with FS2004

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainOver Trainee

G'day,

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I have two monitors running perfectly together as one desktop using Windows Vista. When i play FS2004, it will naturally only use one screen. What i had planned on doing was using the second screen to house the navigation, atc, throttle, kneeboard etc.

Problem i have is that when i click on these boxes it wont let me drag them off the screen FS2004 is using. I can move the mouse from the game into the next screen, i just cant take anything over with it.

I have been told to right click on the window and select 'undock' which supposedly lets me move it to another screen, however this option is shaded and i cannot access it from the menu.

Any help would me much appeciated.

Thanks in advance.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
djcevera Trainee

I believe its located in the display area under control panel. There is a feature that must be checked off that allows the mouse to drag things from one screen to the other.. i had the same prob when i first started to run dual monitors this fixed the problem... take note of your fps im interested to see if ours are effected as mine were..

Pro Member Trainee
Flt634 Trainee

I was able to do this but I had to fly in the window mode not full view. I'll have to look at those other suggestions as well.

Pro Member Trainee
CaptainOver Trainee

Thanks a lot for your input guys, i managed to get it running on dual monitors although i have to keep the main screen in window mode which is a little annoying., but dual monitors has been fantastic so far, don't think i could go back to one!

Cheers

Dave

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...