Rear belly door on WOP B-29

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi... Can anyone out there tell me how to close the belly door on the WOP B-29. I cannot find anything in the manual or otherwise to tell me how to close it and mine stays open all the time which is not correct.

Thanks

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You can open/close the bomb bay door of the WoP B-29 by pressing: < / >.

Alternatively when in default panel mode, press: < Shift+4 >. This will pop up the sub-panel with the bomb bay door switches.

You can even operate those switches from the VC -- you'll have to pan around a bit, the switches are somewhere to the right at about 4 or 5 o'clock.

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Tailhook... Thank you for the reply. It is not the bomb bay doors that are the problem but the belly door directly under the tail. It is a small door that was probably a rear exit. I cannot close this door no matter what I try. I have a jpg image of it but don't know how to attach it to this reply.

Thanks[/img]

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Tailhook.... I noticed when the B29 was airborne, the rear belly door was not visible. By chance I lowered the wheels and lo and behold the rear belly door opened with them. I don't think this is correct but at least I know now what opens and closes the door. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

W3CPR wrote:

I have a jpg image of it but don't know how to attach it to this reply.

Time to take care of this then. Open a free account with PhotoBucket if you don't have one yet: http://photobucket.com/
It's quite flexible and uploading images and attaching them to posts is a breeze. Below each image that you've uploaded to PB will appear 4 links or codes. For our purpose you use the one at the very bottom and paste it into your post. It will look something like this:

[IMG]http:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/IMG]

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...