Succesfull Belly LANDING :D :D :D

Pro Member First Officer
Jamie Robson (Jamier) First Officer

ok so im coming in to land at heathrow and whack stupid fspassengers makes my gear freeze so im forced to make a belly landing.

Picture of my aircraft after being diverted to Gatwick for emergency arrival.

So im approachign runway and controller says "ScotAir62, Good luck fire & rescue will meet you on landing."

So im thinking omg what do i do, ive tried 3 belly landings before and never managed to land it without crash.

Approaching RWY 26L i bring my Airbus A321-211 to 150kias and deploy 15 flaps.

2 miles from landing i hear cabin crew call: "Brace For Emergency Landing"

when i see my decend/climb thing next to altimeter say 100ft positive climb and bring my aircraft to almost stall speed i hear a thud and screaching metal. Aircraft comes to a stop i open the doors and the passengers disembark and waiting fire & rescue make sure no fires will start.

Picture of my belly landing at Gatwick:

Im kinda thinking Runway 26 Left needs resurfacing after my belly landing >_>

./edit on the screenshot were autopilot is engaged was just to line me up as im busy going through my emergency landing checklist, and i flew the last 5.6nm hands on so i could line up exactly how i wanted to come in.

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

Congrats! I dont think I could do that with out the passengers bieng super TO'd at me lol

Pro Member First Officer

oh yeh id also like to say thanks to the magnificent ATC who cleared the skies for me and brought me in for such a great approach.

THANK YOU !!!! From all at ScotAir. 🍻 Group Wave Punk 👍

Hmm, what mod is that? It looks like a pretty cool addition to FS and, being the dedicated FlightSimmer I am, I might consider getting it...

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

yeah i wuz wondering wut add-on that wuz

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Check this ➡

http://www.fspassengers.com/

A great Add-on(payware)that turns FS more realism than already is. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Mustangfreak First Officer

Greekman72 wrote:

Check this ➡

http://www.fspassengers.com/

A great Add-on(payware)that turns FS more realism than already is. 😉

He is using FSP 😉

Pro Member First Officer

yah fspassengers. only thing i dont like is when it makes emergencies like that. i was only on 5% chance of a failure and that happened so i was kinda screwed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Jamier wrote:

yah fspassengers. only thing i dont like is when it makes emergencies like that. i was only on 5% chance of a failure and that happened so i was kinda screwed.

Thats the best in my opinion.I have set it up to 15% and im thinking of increase it... Tee Hee 😉

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

fantastic landing, what was your end of flight report like? What did the passengers eventually think??

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Jamier wrote:

Thats the best in my opinion.I have set it up to 15% and im thinking of increase it... Tee Hee 😉

15%? Greekman, fire your maintenance crew, they've been sleeping on the job.

I have mine set for 1%, minor problems only. Now, if I can only find a way to keep the cabin crew from giving me coffee and beverages every 20 minutes. They're going to make my bladder explode. Mad

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

how did you manage it and what problem did you have? looks like your putting wheels down to me! youve got hydrolics etc.

also if they froze deploy the pitot and anti ice

Thanks for the link. looks like a good addon. *downloads*

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

lolol

the last picture there appears to be 2 trails coming from the wings and going straight up in the air... did you do a hotshots style belly landing and drop straight out of the sky? 😀

good job m8!

I wouldn't like to try and land one of those beasts on its belly!

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Great landing and Great screenshots Jamier! 😀 Good job mate!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

FSP is a great add on 👍 Oh great landing by the way 😀

If you click the FSP tab in fs9 go to the manager option and select aircraft maintainace,you can stop that sort of thing from happening(and running out of aircraft ROFL )

If you do have a crash,select Do Not Save this flight,and next time you fly FSP your reputation and aircraft are not affected 😉

Pro Member First Officer

it wasnt a crash it was a sucesfull emergency landing.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...