Belly Landings

Pro Member Trainee
scab12 Trainee

Does anybody know where I can get a belly landing program.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

scab12 wrote:

Never heard of that, what is it for or what do you want to do?

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

scab12 wrote:

Never heard of that, what is it for or what do you want to do?

I think he wants to crash his planes 😳 , personally i'm still searching for the perfect landing, after all it's a flight sim not a crash sim! 😀

Pro Member Trainee
scab12 Trainee

a program where you can land without your gear down
just to simulate what it would be like

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

scab12 wrote:

You can do that in Flight simulator 2004, just don't put the gear down. 🙂 Other programs like FS Passenger can fail the gear on you when you don't expect it. You can't declare an emergency in FS9 and you won't see any flames or visible damage to the aircraft. You would need a third party program like Radar Contact for that.

Payware-FS Passengers
www.fspassengers.com

Free-FS Reliability Factor v1.7
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004util&DLID=62771

Payware-Radar Contact
http://www.jdtllc.com/

Disclaimer:
I don't use the product, service or file(s) referenced above and in no way endorse or recommend it's use above similar items or products. Offered items are just the result of search of the Internet to satisfy a request for an example of a particular item.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

scab12 wrote:

Some Combat Flight Simulators actually have Belly-Landings as training missions. Obviously there's a reason for that and obviously in most combat sims they don't use 747s and the like. BUT...

I've purposely belly-landed small props in fs9 on grass beside the tarmac (because that's what you're supposed to do if you ever find yourself in a situation where the landing gear is stuck) and then on the tarmac to compare the outcome. Pretty interesting.
There's also a difference between a successful and a botched belly-landing. IMO if you want to belly-land a 747 and prevent it from breaking up in the process - go for it.

It's your sim, you can use it as you please and you don't need a special program just for belly-landings 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...