FSX f-14 tomcat effects, gauges install question

Pro Member Trainee
darkrooms Trainee

I've sucessfully installed the tomcat and it flies great. I've read the readme and the tutorials on how to install the gauges and effects. (Copy the contents, not the folder, right?) My problem is the contents of the gauges folder contains 3 folders: 1. RCB gauges 2.Tomcat and 3. Tomcat VC. I have no idea where to put the contents of these other folders so I can get a working panel. Any help you can give me would be appreciated because the best jets have these subdivided folders and I desperately want a working F-14. Thanks in advance

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

darkrooms wrote:

I've sucessfully installed the tomcat and it flies great. I've read the readme and the tutorials on how to install the gauges and effects. (Copy the contents, not the folder, right?) My problem is the contents of the gauges folder contains 3 folders: 1. RCB gauges 2.Tomcat and 3. Tomcat VC. I have no idea where to put the contents of these other folders so I can get a working panel. Any help you can give me would be appreciated because the best jets have these subdivided folders and I desperately want a working F-14. Thanks in advance

You put the contents, well i have anyway.
But Effects folder continents go into the effects folder of FS, gauges go into the gauges folder. ect...
You might get alot more help in the FSX general forum.
All contents in each of the folders go to where it says, like all contents in all folders of the gauge folder go into the gauge folder in FS Get it?
This is how i do it anyway.

Pro Member Trainee
darkrooms Trainee

OKay, I'll try putting all the contents of all the folders found in the gauges folder in FSX gauge folder. Effects in effects. I'll just copy the original in case I screw it up.
Also, does anyone know why some of the files are "copy"ies. Do you copy these as well?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...