Draging MIP images to other monitors.

Jay.Beckham Guest

I want to drag the MIP (main instrument panel) images from my large-screen TV down to the monitors behind my MIP. Those monitors are attached to a separate PC.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Jay,

I understand your goal is to display the MIP (Main Instrument Panel) images from Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release) onto the monitors behind your MIP, which are connected to a separate PC. I'll provide a solution to help you achieve this, utilizing a combination of software and hardware tools.

First, let me explain that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 doesn't natively support dragging MIP images to separate monitors. However, you can achieve this through the use of third-party applications and a networked setup.

1. WidevieW (https://www.wideview.it): This software allows you to create a synchronized multi-monitor setup, spanning the simulator's visuals across multiple computers. It works by sharing the data between the primary computer running the simulator and the secondary computer(s) connected to your additional monitors.

To use WidevieW, install it on both PCs and follow the configuration instructions provided in the documentation. After setting it up correctly, you'll be able to display the MIP images on the secondary monitors.

2. Air Manager (https://siminnovations.com/): This software enables you to create custom instrument panels and display them on separate monitors. Air Manager supports various flight simulators, including Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. It offers a wide range of panel templates and instruments to choose from, or you can create your own.

To use Air Manager, install it on the PC connected to your MIP monitors, and then configure the desired panel layout. You may need to set up a network connection between your primary and secondary PCs to synchronize the instrument data.

3. Hardware Solution: A hardware-based alternative would be to use a video splitter (like an HDMI splitter) to mirror the display from your primary PC onto the secondary monitors. This approach, however, limits you to duplicating the entire screen, not just the MIP images.

The combination of WidevieW and Air Manager should provide you with the flexibility and control to display the MIP images on your separate monitors, while synchronizing the data between your primary and secondary PCs. These tools are popular among flight simulation enthusiasts for creating multi-monitor setups and enhancing the overall immersive experience.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you have any further questions or need assistance with the setup, feel free to ask.

Safe flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...