ATC not responding in airbus!

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

So whenever I fly the PSS A320, or the SSW A310, my communication with ATC will randomly get cut off. The display is still there, but pressing (1) (2), etc. etc. does nothing. I cannot hear or speak with ATC. It usually only happens after i've had the airbus running for 5 or 10 minutes. I thought it was just a bug with SSW, but this is also happening with the PSS airbus as well (and no other aircraft!) No other function stops working nothing else freezes up, I just cannot talk with ATC.

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

could it be an electrical system failure or something in the panel itself? Try switching panels and see if it helps

Pro Member Captain

FEM is right on with this one. I've been getting electrical failures with it. So here's the thing, I check under the "failures" menu, and un-check the electrical failure, only to see it pop right back up again the second I close the failures menu! Any ideas? Is this a procedural-problem i'm having with the PSS that is causing this or a bug in the program?

Pro Member Captain

So an answer was posed in PSS's FAQ, but I need some help translating this. Now was the "technical tab" only available in FS 2002's version of FSUIPC? or the full version? My FS9 certainly doesn't have this.

check FS2002, Modules, FSUIPC, select technical tab, check "Extend battery life"

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm not sure how the airbus works, but make sure that all the electrical systems are on. If you start the engines yourself, after you get it all done, still press CTRL+E to make sure all the systems are on, or autostart the last engine, so that everything is on.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

I can categorically tell you that this is caused by a a bug in FS2004 that is causing your battery to run flat.

The reason I'm so cetain is because I had a nightmare with this with the PSS Dash-8.....

You need to get a fully registered copy of FSUIPC... this application then has a tick box called "Extend Battery Life" which in effect fixes the bug.

FSUIPC is included within the MODULES menu BUTit is not fully activated unless you buy a registration code form Peter Dowson (the Author).

When you enter this code, a number of pages are added that give you great user features ...... the above fix is just one of the features.

Pro Member Captain

Thanks GPS, I just did that last night. It works rather well, although this is probably the only feature of FSUIPC that I'll be using =)

Pro Member Captain

Yip - I know exactly where you're coming from - some people say FSUIPC is an amazing tool but all I've ever done with mine is stop that same problem from happening with the PSS Dash 8 !

Pro Member Chief Captain

If that happens on more than one PSS plane, wouldn't it be a hint NOT to get them, because something is wrong with them?

Pro Member Captain

A simple battery discharge issue is nothing in comparison to the aircraft that they offer. It's like saying that mixed nuts are aweful because you ate a bad peanut in the can. It's thanks to addons like these that mean I can never go back to default, or even simple free-ware addons again!

Pro Member Captain

Nah nah nah nah ! FEM, you're miles off the charts!

The reason for this issue is that these types of add-ons go way way beyond what default FS2004 is capable of..... Because of this, they require FSUIPC because it's a complex interface tool and it's needed to "talk" to FS.

So it's not a fault - it's a case that to use such complex add-ons, you need to add this FSUIPC tool to your armoury.

Incidentally PSS are the Number 1 developers for complex add-ons.... you should give them a try, you have all those Flying Hours on that 757 you must be up for a new challenge !

Pro Member Chief Captain

maybe....But when PSS makes a 757, i'll get it 😎

Pro Member Captain

They are making a 757..... no realease date yet but some details on the web-site: www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk

I can't wait for that one 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

nice! 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...