real-world weather

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Has anyone out there ever gotten a virus from downloading real-world weather. My dad says that the reason that the ATC wasn't responding was because I probally got a virus from downloading the real-world weather. I doubt if that was the reason. But I just ran into a problem where ATC wasn't responding so I just opened another flight plan to the same destination and it worked.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I doubt you will get a virus from using real weather,but who knows these days
Fs9 is a very complex bit of programming with little bits working with and for each other,and it just got its wires crossed

So far,I think the flight sim community is a virus free zone and I have been flying since fs 98 and d/loaded 1000s of bits and bobs and never picked up anything nasty

But you should still run any d/loads through your anti virus prog before opening.......just incase

Guest Ed Guest

You can get a virus just by being connected to the Internet, and it's even easier if you have a high-speed connection that's "always on," as opposed to dial-up. What you're downloading may have nothing to do with it.

I get viruses pretty often at work, where due to my employer's policies, I never download ANYTHING that isn't work related.

You just have to keep your virus definition files updated, do a full system scan often, and hope that when you get something it won't be too damaging.

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

OK.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...