Responding to ATC via the keyboard

Boeing boeing bong!!! Guest

It's getting increasingly frustrating for me to keep pressing 1,2,3,4 on the keyboard to acknowledge ATC and at the same time struggling with flying the aircraft.

Is there a simpler way to acknowledge the ATC options.

Cheers mates

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Not that I know of. I doubt it. You can bring the ATC window up by pressing the ` key.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

I think theres some cheesy software that allows you to respond via voice recognition. There goes another $50 bucks! my wife will be so happy!

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Try this one, you can donate if you wish.

http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/

It works pretty well, except my wife keeps asking who I am talking to.

This is payware but works really well. Well worth the investment if you want to really talk to ATC. It's in it's early stages of development and can only get better.

http://www.voxatc.com/

Rick Lee Guest

jelami wrote:

... except my wife keeps asking who I am talking to.

Can you blame her? You must have at least two dogs and one cat keeping you company while you're simming. - The whining of your A/C engines, most likely followed by the howling of your canines, your own voice trying to calm them down and I can't even imagine what the cat's reaction to all that racket might be, yes and of course the ATC chatter.
Let me tell you, Jelami, if I was the Lady of the House, I'd be asking a few questions too.

Regards, Rick 😀

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

🙂)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...