New computer: What components do you have?

Pro Member First Officer
Andrew (AJWatson2209) First Officer

Hi Guys and Girls,
Im getting a new computer next month and its going to be mainly for Flight Sim 2004 use. I was wondering what sort of components other people had and how good the graphics were. If you have time i would love if you could post your system spec and also a screenshot or something.

Happy flying!

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sounds great, are you building it or buying a stock one.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

As yet my decision is not confimred. Stock ones you get warrentys and support etc. if i build it myself i wont get that but it is cheaper to build it myself

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you buy the parts from a reputable company you'll get the parts company warrantee on all of the hardware.
As long as you don't go for the less expensive OEM hardware, it's the same as buying from the companies but not warranteed.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

If i was buying parts i would get them at Dabs.com or ebuyer.com. what kinds spec do u have?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

My present computer is getting old. I want to build one for the new flight sim and I would have this year.
But...since it's not coming out until next year and the hardware will be completely new (SATA2, SLI, the new bigger storage DVD burners, better cooling systems etc.) I'm going to wait.
I know that I could wait forever, they're always coming out with new hardware but next year will see major changes because of the new Windows.
I want the duel core 64 bit (Intel) for the new Windows (Vista) which will be out later in 2006 (maybe ).

I'll live with the one I have now.

Radar

Ant478 Guest

Hi, this is my spec...

AMD Athlon 64 3000 754
1.5GB Crucial XL 3200
XFX GeForce 6600GT 128MB
MSI K8N Neo Mobo
and so on...

This is 'an average gaming platform' it will run all ya games well, but not at max out settings. Im building a new one next moneth! Wink

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I have my frame rates locked at 20 and I usually around that. I have all the settings maxed out.

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 630 w/HT Technology (3.0GHz,800FSB)

512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 400MHz (2x256M)

256MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X600 SE HyperMemory

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

P4 3.0E Prescott. @ 800 fsb

Asus P4P800 motherboard

1024 mb. PC 3200

BFG 6600 gt.

SB Live card.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...