F1 View vs Active Camera

Am thinking of installing F1 View and was wondering what's the difference between F1 View and Active Camera beside the fact that F1 View is free.
I mainly want a utility to roam around the inside of the aircraft. I have the Maam B-25 and the Captain Sim C-130 but havn't been able to enjoy all the interior detail. Would F1 View enable me to view all the interior compartments from any perspective?

Any reccommendations much appreciated.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Although I haven't used either I think that F1 View will just let you look around in the aircraft where Active Camera lets you wander in and out.
Let us know how you like it.
Enjoy!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

F1 View also lets you view your a/c from the outside - all angles and zoom in/out - very easy to use. Active camera for fs9 is available for free as a trial/crippled version.

Both apps reside quite happily side by side without causing any conflicts.

Go try them both
Rick 😀

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Well, I currently use F1view since my computer can't really sustain the frame rate hit of an extended virtual cabin. What I mainly use it for is taking wing-shots in the planes that still render the wing-surfaces, even with the virtual cockpit disabled, meaning I don't have to worry about walking around that much.

Active camera gives you much more ease in movement (with all it's settings completely adjustable), and really does feel like walking around an environment (rather than simply adjusting a view angle like F1View). I tried out their fully featured demo and deemed that it wasn't worth my money (since i'm not a VC flyer), but I did like what they offered. For one thing, they add a "head latency" effect to the VC, meaning when you're taking off or landing, your head vibrates much like it would as a result of uneven runway surfaces. When you turn the plane (either on the ground, in the air, or during take off rolls), your head takes a second to catch up with the movement. It certainly adds to the "really there" feeling of VC flying. You can also pre-save up to 10 views I believe, extremely handy if you're a VC flyer!

Both are very simple to do a full trial of, so I hope your decision goes well!

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

What's a VC Flyer? I might check out this Active Camera, it sounds good.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

someone who flies in the virtual cockpit (VC) rather than the 2D one

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

So Active Camera would allow one to do the exterior 'walk around inspection' route as per the Captainsim Herk manual??

Yes on the website it says you can do the walk around inspection of the plane prior to takeoff. What's this Captainsim Herk you mentioned?

Pro Member First Officer

Embarassed lazy way for saying Captain Sim legendary Hercules C-130E

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

verygom wrote:

So Active Camera would allow one to do the exterior 'walk around inspection' route as per the Captainsim Herk manual??

Get the free trial here:http://www.anticyclone.be/active.html

👍

Pro Member First Officer

Tried the AC free trial as TH suggested - immediately got hooked when flying the Captain Sim Hercules from its VC with its 3D 'clickable' panels.
Decided to buy - Anticyclone were real quick and helpful in answering a couple of queries.
With the help of the comprehensive 'manual' am now setting up the 'preset' views for my Plane-Design Lancaster which I again fly from the VC.
Even if you are unlikely to buy its worth giving this trial a go if only for the great 'shots' and/or video you can shoot.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm glad you're having fun - that's what it's all about ain't it? 🍻

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...