Active Camera 2.0

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Hi,

I just installed Active Camera but unfortunately I can't figure out how to walk around the virtual cabin. The plane I am flying does support a virtual cabin but I just can't see how you're meant to move around. I've pressed the numpad keys 8, 4, 6 and 2 with numlock on and off but they only change the view. I've also messed around with the options in Options->Active Camera but so far I can't use this program for anything at all!

Thanks in advance for any help, JTH!

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

JTH

Start a flight, press the ALT key, goto OPTOINS the ACTIVE CAMERA and check what I've got on the screen

You then should be able move around in the cabin.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Thanks Liano, I've ticked all the options you've said but I still can't move around using the keys it lists in the "keys" section. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I just downloaded it and its gay how you can only use it in Seattle for the demo. Is there anyway you can mod a cfg file to make it work anyware for free? 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

I just downloaded it and its gay how you can only use it in Seattle for the demo. Is there anyway you can mod a cfg file to make it work anyware for free? 😛

You can do the right thing and pay for the key.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

You can do the right thing and pay for the key

I just spent $60 on VFR Corsica 🙂 but now I'm broke 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

You can do the right thing and pay for the key

I just spent $60 on VFR Corsica 🙂 but now I'm broke 😞

Well, join the club... --this on's a freebie Yes

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

You can always use F1View which can be found here. Yes and it's freeware as well

http://www.flight1software.com/files/F1View.zip

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

You can always use F1View which can be found here. Yes and it's freeware as well

http://www.flight1software.com/files/F1View.zip

F1View is a great add-on Punk

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I just downloaded the F1 view thing but I'm not sure whether to install it or not....what does it actually do?

Cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

I just downloaded the F1 view thing but I'm not sure whether to install it or not....what does it actually do?

Cheers

You can see your craft from any angle or distance you like by using the Alt,Shift and Scroll buttons.Its easy to use and helps to get excellent screenshots.Im very satisfied from it. 😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

sweet- just as good as activecamera then!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

sweet- just as good as activecamera then!

I guess so. 😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Well I downloaded and installed it and I'm running fs2004- but I dont know how to use it....can you help me please greekman?

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Well I found out the commands for 'F1 view' and for anyone else who's interetsed here they are:

Virtual-cockpit:

Wheel forward moves you forward and wheel backward moves you back.
CTRL+forward moves right and CTRL+backward moves left.
SHIFT+forward moves up and SHIFT+backward moves down.
CTRL+SHIFT+forward zooms out and CTRL+SHIFT+backward zooms in.
While in Pan Mode (when mouse wheel is pressed and held down) inside the Virtual Cockpit:

Moving the mouse to the left rotates the view to the left.
Moving the mouse to the right rotates the view to the right.
Moving the mouse forward, away from the user, rotates the view up.
Moving the mouse backward, towards the user, rotates the view down.
Cockpit view:

CTRL+SHIFT+forward zooms the exterior view out and CTRL+SHIFT+backward zooms it in.
Tower view:

CTRL+SHIFT+forward zooms the view out and CTRL+SHIFT+backward zooms it in.
Spot view:

Wheel forward moves the view distance forward, and wheel backward moves the distance back.
CTRL+forward rotates the eyepoint right, and CTRL+backward rotates the eyepoint left.
SHIFT+forward moves the eyepoint down, and SHIFT+backward moves the eyepoint up.
CTRL+SHIFT+forward zooms out and CTRL+SHIFT+backward zooms in.
Note: View distance is different from view zoom.

While in Pan Mode (when mouse wheel is pressed and held down) in spot view:

Mouse left/right rotates the eyepoint right/left.
Mouse up/down moves the eyepoint up/down.
Top-down view:

CTRL+SHIFT+forward moves the view distance out and CTRL+SHIFT+backward moves it in.

Unfortuantly, it dosent do the job I thought it would do. It just makes your mouse cursor act as a POV hat, which I already have on my joystick. When you said 'you can see your craft from any angle or distance' I thought you could like go up to the tail and zoom in close but it still keeps the aircraft in the centre of the screen unlike active camera! Crying or Very sad I guess you get what you pay for. What I am trying to do is get a screenshot with my aircraft in the side of the shot but in the centre of the screen have my scenery as the main feature!

Ah well, thanks for the link anyways greekman![/quote]

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

Well I downloaded and installed it and I'm running fs2004- but I dont know how to use it....can you help me please greekman?

Sorry my friend for not responded quick to you.I was log out but as i can see you dont need me and im happy for this 😉 👍

Sorry too that you didnt take what you want from F1View. 😕

Last edited by Greekman72 on Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total

Can anyone help me use Active Camera 2.0. It still won't work when I try to move around the virtual cabin 😞

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...