FS won't start... Missing File..

Pro Member Trainee
akklassen Trainee

I recently cleand some file and old programs off my PC. Since then FS2004 wont start. It states my "Dem4Km.bgl" file is missing and I need to reinstall the program. I've been told that the file I need is on CD#3. If anyone would take a moment to help me out, Ill send you my e-mail address. Maybe it's possible to post a URL to the download. Any help is appreciated.

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Just load the Sim over itself and whatever is missing will be replaced. It won't double any files and that way you wont loose anything that you loaded in the Sim.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sorry, I just checked and it's in c:\program files\microsoft games\flight simulator 9\scenery\base\scenery.

Not easy to find but it's also 7mb and I can only send 3mb. I'll have to look further for a download but I don't think there is one.

It's on disk #3 you can find it, drag and drop a copy to your desktop and put it back into the file that it belongs in (the one above).

Good luck.

Radar

i have the same problem, i found the Dem4Km.bgl file on disk 3 and replaced it but it still says that its corrupt/damaged, so is my disk scratched or something?

what can i do?

please help!!

nik121 Guest

me to! i tried copying it then pasting it back and all tht lark but it still wont load and shows the error message, pleasssse help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Since guest and nik are the same person, if it won't work by picking it off the disk you'll have to reinstall.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Scott Denton (dentons) Trainee

Overnite It went bad started fs9 got error missing Dem4Km.bgl file.It now doesn't show but will not load?? HELP

Last edited by Scott Denton (dentons) on Sun May 14, 2006 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's on Disk 3 in msgame8.cab

Radar

Julio rivera Guest

i tried copying the file Dem4km.bgl from disk 3 in msgame8.cab and when i tried to run a message showed up saying that the file is missing or damaged. to reinstall. I did three times or more and cant fix it. if anyone can help you can post your help here or email me at jrivera_gaekel@hotmail.com Thank you very much.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Julio rivera wrote:

i tried copying the file Dem4km.bgl from disk 3 in msgame8.cab and when i tried to run a message showed up saying that the file is missing or damaged. to reinstall. I did three times or more and cant fix it. if anyone can help you can post your help here or email me at jrivera_gaekel@hotmail.com Thank you very much.

It's in \Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\ , take the old one out before you put the new one in, you can overwrite it but that seems to be part of your problem.

Remove it and see if the sim works without it, if not put it back and do step one.

Radar

Julio Rivera Guest

i tried what you said chief captain. i erased the old one went to \Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\BASE\Scenery but it shows the same message. that it may be missing or damaged. please reinstall and FS will quit

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Outside of loading it on another computer to see if it's the disks or loading from a CD burner is the problem I don't know what else to say.

Radar

julio rivera Guest

can you please send me the file to my email if you have it. my email is jrivera_gaekel@hotmail.com. Thank you very much

haydo Guest

I've done everything! Any more ideas. Replaced the file a number of times. Still no luck. Any ideas???

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hmm, am I missing something here?

If people have "corrupted" or missing files then the obvious solution is to simply reinstall the program. Make a backup copy of your "Saved Games (flights) and reinstall FS2004. As has been mentioned - that will replace any missing or problem files. Of course, if you DONT have the game then that will be difficult to do and you might want to go and buy it.

Wombat457

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

wombat457 has a good point, just reinstall. If you have a CD/DVD writer, I would save the [Aircraft],[Gages]and[Effects] folders also. That way any downloaded aircraft won't be lost.🙂

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

CRJCapt wrote:

wombat457 has a good point, just reinstall. If you have a CD/DVD writer, I would save the [Aircraft],[Gages]and[Effects] folders also. That way any downloaded aircraft won't be lost.🙂

Thanks CRJCapt, I just thought that was the most logical thing to do so long as you have the game to reinstall that is. You too make a good point about backing up aircraft etc, that will obviously save a lot of possible frustration.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...