What the.........? The moon feel out the sky!

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I was flying at nightime in Alaska searching for the northern lights and I saw the Moon in an odd position to my right low to the ground. I switched to daytime to get a better view and took this screenshot:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/444000/wtf.jpg

Its CRAZY! The moon fell out the sky! What the Censored ?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

While it is not uncommon for the moon to be at the horizon since it rises and sets, the terminator on the moon is a bit out of alignment.

MS programmers have obviously failed at math since the moon phases and positions are not in sync with reality.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

still looks rather strange though!!

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

What is strange is that he is flying at either dawn or dusk. If the moon is just setting at dawn or rising at dusk, it should be a full moon. The only time it wouldn't appear full under those conditions would be during a lunar eclipse, but that isn't what the picture shows.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

It was actually the middle of the night when I was flying (11:58pm-ish) and so I went to time and date settings, hit 'Day' and it went to (11:58am-ish) which I don't think is dawn/dusk.......

Pro Member Chief Captain

I took it as dawn or dusk because the picture you posted sure looks that way. The sky is fairly clear, but the ground is dark.

In any event, the moon does rise and set, and therefor, it is not unusual to see it at the horizon.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...