FS bug or what???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Here is something very interesting i meet for second time in FS.In the first time i thought that it was a systems error but since i notice it again i decide to share it with you....
This is the Airport of Kastelorizo-LGKJ(A Greek Island)and as you can see in the following pictures the runway seems to be moved from the place it has to be(the internal side of the island and not to the scarps )... 😳 😳 😳

In this pic the babrbwire seems to cut the runway in the middle... 😳

Here we have the runway lower from the tower and inside the rocks...

And some more shots....

I dont know if this is a bug of FS or its only happens to me but anyway its interesting.I let you know that i land on fields beside tower from the opposite side from where i have the real runaway...I dont get into risk to land on the runway for obvious reasons.I will test it one more time without FSP and let you know the results... ❗ 😳

Sorry for the bad quality of the images but i have to crop and resize for better view. 😉

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The question I need to ask you my friend, ... is your copy of FS legal Banned

Okay, I just went to LGKJ in my legal copy of fs9 and this is what I saw and didn't see. T/o and touchdown rwy 32. Sorry about the size of the pics, still learning how to fly and use the cam-corder simultaneously Juggle Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Yes my copy is illegal but with your shots you help me find out the problem.
😉 As you can see there is a difference between your shots and mine.Mine have reacher textures cause of the hspbase1add-on i have installed for Greek airports.

Thats how we explain it.Its a bug of this add-on.I think that there is a fix upgrade for this add-on.I ll download it and see if it helps.

Anyway the funny side is that i try to take of from the default runway and the craft dont crash over the rocks but taxiing on the air... 😂 😂 😂

You can see the shadow to the nowhere ... ➡

Thanks for your help Tailhook 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The add-on, of course... that's why everything looks so different.
I might just get this add-on Idea I like unusual challenges Tee Hee

vwwanksta69 Guest

I had a problem yesterday in one of my instuments flying lesson when the instructor was saying go left and on the screen it said go right???? And then i found the runway after going through the clouds and rain and lined up with it using instruments and saw that it was the correct runway and the guy would not shut up that i was to high when i was only atleast 200 feet above the ground and telling me to go left when i was dead center. I landed and then it kept on repeating an earlier message over and over again. I have a legal copy. Also I can not select any flights because it crashes and goes to my desktop, does microsoft even test these games before they come out???jk
and when I open up fs2004 civilation IV screen pops up but then loads fs2004.
If there are any solutions to this because it has happened that I fail the check rides for something I did not do wrong.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I have to admit that i get tired only by reading your problems my friend... Surrender Surrender Surrender

Although for get answers to your questions there are some thinks you have to do first.

1.One problem per time please.
2.Try to use full stops :wink😞kidding)
3.Give computer specs
4.Be more specific
5.Be patient

Friendly to you 😉 😀

Pro Member First Officer
HardLanding First Officer

What Greekman says. It often seems to take a few weeks to get FS9 running smoothly, so patience is essential. I don't ever expect my installation (totally, totally legal) to run perfectly.

HL

Greekman72 wrote:

I have to admit that i get tired only by reading your problems my friend... Surrender Surrender Surrender

Although for get answers to your questions there are some thinks you have to do first.

1.One problem per time please.
2.Try to use full stops :wink😞kidding)
3.Give computer specs
4.Be more specific
5.Be patient

Friendly to you 😉 😀

I have an alienware 51m 7700 17 incher wide view notebook
3.8 intel proc.
160 gb hd
2gb ram
Geforce go 7800 gtx 256
Logitech z-5500 digital sound system

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

What about No 4 my friend.

Can you be more specific to your problem?

Greekman72 wrote:

What about No 4 my friend.

Can you be more specific to your problem?

1. When I double click fs2004 on my desktop it shades gray then civilization IV loading screen pops up then disapears and then the fs2004 loading screen pops up and then reformats my screen to the opening of all the options.

2. When I click on select a flight every time i pick a flight and click "fly now!" It reformats my screen back to my desktop and then when i check my running programs it no longer is running so im guessing it has crashed.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Since when did you notice these problems?Did you add something in your system?

vwwanksta69 Guest

since day one of owning this game, I called microsoft but cant understand anyone because they barely speak english. It seems to be a poorly made software hardly even tested for errors. I hope all these little glitches are not happening to everyone. I think I might need to re install because it crashes all the time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

That i will suggest you too.After unistall it clean up the old registries and run a spam cleaner(do you have?)and then try installing FS.If you might and it isnt so painful for you do the same for the Civilazation too.

vwwanksta69 Guest

Im going reinstall windows too i think then it should work well

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

😂 😂 😂

Not yet...Try the rest first...Than you could buy a new system too... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

vwwanksta69 wrote:

Actually, you should install Linux instead of windows. That way, there will be no way for Flight simulator to cause problems.

The reason I say this is because your story sounds like a load of Horse

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

vwwanksta69 wrote:

Actually, you should install Linux instead of windows. That way, there will be no way for Flight simulator to cause problems.

The reason I say this is because your story sounds like a load of Horse

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Greekman,

I think what we have here is what the folks on usenet call a troll.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Greekman,

I think what we have here is what the folks on usenet call a troll.

LoooooL...Trolls have their rights on this world Crash... 😂 😂 😂 😉

Besides...at the end if we through the Ring to fire the will desapear...Do you have the Ring???(the one and only... 😉 😂 😂 😂 )

vwwanksta69 Guest

I uninstalled civ 4 and fs9 reinstalled still wont work for selecting those planed flights. Re installed windows xp and fs9 and still wont work. I think Microsoft needs to spend a little more more time into developing their software personally. I called support but I do not speak a foreign laungage so 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Dont Know e-mail them...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...