sonicninja First Officer

What a sad sight for these old "war horses"

HARRIER

JAGUAR

SHACKLETON

HUNTER

LIGHTNING

BUCANEER

If I win the lottery this weekend I will buy all these and put them in my garden and install a 32" TFT and new pc in all the cockpits and turn them all into static flight simulators, and you will all be invited to come and use them free of charge, so long as you bring a crate of beer!! 😀 🍻

Last edited by sonicninja on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You'd think they'd spend the money to keep them in an old hangar to keep them out of the rain...
Good pics though - did you take them? I take it they're all British made...
The first one is a Harrier, the second one is a very run down Broomstick... - the rest of them will require some more research... unless of course you're willing to enlighten us Read

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

my apologies Tailhook, ive labelled them now.

I found these pictures on a website earlier today, I believe they were taken at the Heathrow air museum, I would've been in tears if I had been there seeing them in that condition Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Any add on for this great SHACKLETON.Great craft.... ❗

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Theres a payware version here Greekman:-

or theres a freebie here:-

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004vintage46.htm

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thank you very very much for your quick responce and your links Sonic. 😀

I appriciate it. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

not a problem for you Greekman, hope you enjoy flying the old lady 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Im sure i will.Thanks my friend. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Who was the maker of the "Lightning"? Was it English Electric... or something like that? 🤔

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

yes it was English Electric

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That was a very advanced a/c in it's day... broke several records. I've got lengthy articles about this a/c in one of my books... if only I could find it Wall Bashing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

That was a very advanced a/c in it's day... broke several records. I've got lengthy articles about this a/c in one of my books... if only I could find it Wall Bashing

Buy new glasses... 😳
Search to e-bay...They have great prices for binoculars... Poke in Eye

😉 😂 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

With due respect my friend, I have it on good authority that you are a member of the Onassis dynasty.

I'm in a slightly different 'class'. First, you want me to buy a cam-corder and shoot my TV 😳 -- what a waste of money that would be - and now you want me to buy yet another pair of glasses 😳 (I've already got 4 pairs).
What next Juggle

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

With due respect my friend, I have it on good authority that you are a member of the Onassis dynasty.

I'm in a slightly different 'class'. First, you want me to buy a cam-corder and shoot my TV 😳 -- what a waste of money that would be - and now you want me to buy yet another pair of glasses 😳 (I've already got 4 pairs).
What next Juggle

Hmmmm Umm... The next will be a gift for me...Just ask... 😉 Poke in Eye

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You're the one who wants a gift - ergo - you're the one who has to ask Ninja

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Yes...Indeed..Im the one who asks you in order to keep you stand... 😉 😉 😉 Poke in Eye

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...