left turn tendency

nutmeg Guest

Hi folks. I've got a few planes I installed which I hardly ever use as they all have a severe tendency to turn left (on the asphalt) and bank left once in the air. Even with power off and straight and level flight. I can correct it with rudder on ground and aileron in flight, but it's *way* too much, especially in a power-off glide.

Seems to be much more than p-factor. Doesn't happen in any of my original FS9 planes, or most of my downloaded planes.

Is there a specific line or lines in the respective aircraft.cfg files I can check and modify to fix this?

Thanks. 30 hours toward ppl!
Tom

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

prop planes do go left, but it shouldnt be too bad. i have a lot of problems with planes going severly left on the runway too - but thats due to the feedback in my joystick. such things can be changed in the aircraft config under feedback settings i think it's titled.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Read this link over and see if it's of any help to you.
Good luck with it.

Read http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260183

Radar

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

For some reason my stick needs to have the null zone of the rudder increased or it will cause the plane to pull left on the ground and turn to the left in the air. You can go to settings in the Sim and increase the null zone and see if that helps.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm not certain about the terminology. I have the old MS Sidewinder.
Take the default Cessna and take off with no weather. Normally, if the throttle is applied gradually, I don't have to do anything, no pulling off the centreline.
At other times under exactly the same conditions, the a/c pulls left on the rwy.
It took me a while to figure out. The stick, without actually applying or affecting the rudder has a little bit of 'play' in it's neutral position. A little bit like the stearing wheel in your car.
Prior to t/o I just have to twist the stick gently to the right as far as it goes - leave it alone and under the conditions described above, she'll go straight like an arrow.
Note: This also applies to all other a/c - including the heavies.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I have the old MS Sidewinder.

That is what I use and the fix for that is as I described in the earlier post. Go to settings and increase the null zone for the rudder.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

WarHawk42 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

I have the old MS Sidewinder.

That is what I use and the fix for that is as I described in the earlier post. Go to settings and increase the null zone for the rudder.

Be assured I read the post. That's why I said 'not sure about the terminology' with you talking about "Null Zone" and all.
I'll try you're trick though when I can gather up the courage... Actually, you really got me curious now 🤔
Thanks

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Be assured I read the post. That's why I said 'not sure about the terminology' with you talking about "Null Zone" and all.
I'll try you're trick though when I can gather up the courage... Actually, you really got me curious now 🤔
Thanks

You have a PM. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for taking the time Warhawk 😀

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

No problem, I know how irritating that little problem is. I just didn't know others were having the same problem with the stick that I was. Over all it's a good controller and I have no complaints with it................now.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

WarHawk42 wrote:

... with it................now.

I don't like this part. Fear I admit, I'm ill prepared. Should I start to work on a contingency plan???

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I don't like this part. Fear I admit, I'm ill prepared. Should I start to work on a contingency plan???

No, I just meant since I had made those adjustments in the settings I have no complaints with the controller. I'm quite happy with it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Boy, you sure know how to get an old heart racing... time for a strong cup of coffee Idea

Guest1 Guest

I have been getting the same problem lately in the leerjet and another twin engine aircraft, and i tried everything before i realised what was happening with me.

After a bit of flying, or at some random time, (like once every few hours it does this) i noticed on flying or taxing it kept trying to turn to the side, and when i looked at the throttle, as i moved the throttle forward it was only throttling the left engine.

Not sure why it does this, am i pressing a key or something that activates this or? Ive only noticed it in multiplayer, and all i can think of is ive accidently pressed a key when trying to write in the chat box, and the chat box isnt selected.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...