What is the easiest aircraft to fly in FS2004?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Michael Thomas (SteveT) Chief Captain

Hi.

What is the easiest aircraft to fly in FS2004? Can you include links

Thanks
SteveT

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Probably the default Cessna or the Cub. Both included in the original FS2004.

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

Possibly the Tiger Moth but I'm a bit prejudiced with this one as it brings back happy memories when as a teenager the RN was teaching us to fly. The war ended "too soon" and it all came to abrupt end!

I find the sim is very much as I remember the aircraft and both seems pretty forgiving.

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Bindolaf wrote:

Probably the default Cessna or the Cub. Both included in the original FS2004.

Maybe it is just me but I had trouble landing the default cub in a crosswind. Did have success and a lot of fun up Cub with corrected perameters.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

The default Cessna 172 is a good choice. The Cub needs a little help to make it really good. There is a file to upgrade it that works well, which greatly improves the ground handling of it. I installed the Stearman PT-13 and it flies easy and is fun. I downloaded it from one of the major sites and don't remember which one, but the file name is stear04.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

just to switch it round, i still think to this day, that one of the most difficult to fly is the Extra, paddy wagstaffs plane, what a pig to fly!!

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

The stearman is nice indeed, it has a trojan included though, be warned. As for hardest to fly, I vote for the stupid Lear. I hate that plane! I don't know if it's just the horrible FS dynamics or if the real thing flies as badly, but it's pretty horrible. Overpowered, jerky, never trims right, I could go on...

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Bindolaf wrote:

The stearman is nice indeed, it has a trojan included though, be warned. As for hardest to fly, I vote for the stupid Lear. I hate that plane! I don't know if it's just the horrible FS dynamics or if the real thing flies as badly, but it's pretty horrible. Overpowered, jerky, never trims right, I could go on...

Trojan? I haven't found anything malicious in it, please explain.

Pro Member First Officer
JTH First Officer

Micah, what plane is that in your signature? Maybe it's just me but the front landing gear seems really far down 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

WarHawk42 wrote:

Bindolaf wrote:

Trojan? I haven't found anything malicious in it, please explain.

Interesting. When it was first released I got it right away from Avsim. A week or so later someone complained in the Simvation Forums about a Trojan being resident in the Kaydet. I seem to remember that the files at Avsim and Simvation had different file names.
I never had any problems with the Kaydet but sure would like to know whether there is a foundation to the Trojan claim.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Interesting. When it was first released I got it right away from Avsim. A week or so later someone complained in the Simvation Forums about a Trojan being resident in the Kaydet. I seem to remember that the files at Avsim and Simvation had different file names.
I never had any problems with the Kaydet but sure would like to know whether there is a foundation to the Trojan claim.

Hmmm, I would imagine the problem if there was one would have been cleared up by now or the file pulled. I don't think those sites would leave files in their downloads they knew to have trojans in them.

One thing for sure, the Cadet hasn't morphed into a lear jet. Now that would be malicious. ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

WarHawk42 wrote:

One thing for sure, the Cadet hasn't morphed into a lear jet. Now that would be malicious. ROFL

Nice one. 😀

You never know, though. Maybe MS is working on a 'morphing option' for all stock a/c. Now that would add 'malicious excitement' to FS. - ... 🤔 Should we add this suggestion to the 'Sticky' up top? 😀

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Tailhook wrote:

You never know, though. Maybe MS is working on a 'morphing option' for all stock a/c. Now that would add 'malicious excitement' to FS. - ... 🤔 Should we add this suggestion to the 'Sticky' up top? 😀

I think I will pass on that one, MS can come up with enough diabolical ideas without our help. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Roger that, Warhawk Yes 'Diabolical' ...ooohhhh Devil

Guest Ed Guest

Bindolaf wrote:

As for hardest to fly, I vote for the stupid Lear. I hate that plane! I don't know if it's just the horrible FS dynamics or if the real thing flies as badly, but it's pretty horrible. Overpowered, jerky, never trims right, I could go on...

I don't understand that-- I've never had a bit of trouble with the Lear, it is the easiest to fly of the default jets in FS09. I've flown it around the world, twice, and landed on all kinds of crummy little fields.

And overpowered? Is that possible? 😉

My vote for the easiest to fly is the Cub, though. I just don't have the patience to fly very far in it, because it is SO SLOW. 🙄 😂

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Guest Ed wrote:

Bindolaf wrote:

As for hardest to fly, I vote for the stupid Lear. I hate that plane! I don't know if it's just the horrible FS dynamics or if the real thing flies as badly, but it's pretty horrible. Overpowered, jerky, never trims right, I could go on...

I don't understand that-- I've never had a bit of trouble with the Lear, it is the easiest to fly of the default jets in FS09. I've flown it around the world, twice, and landed on all kinds of crummy little fields.

I gotta agree with Ed here. It seems the different attitudes regarding the Learjet depend on what we flew most of the time just prior to the Lear.
I started flying the Lear in Russia because the vast distances between airports had become to tedious in my WWII Navy Fighters. I'd already learned how to trim, but didn't have a clue how to fly a jet. I soon figured out how not to go over the 'speed limit' and found that at about FL320 with the right throttle setting the aircraft didn't require any trim at all.
Landing was difficult at first - and now is again, I find the heavies much easier. Another thing, out of all jets I find the Lear to be the easiest to taxi.

Guest1 Guest

Guest Ed wrote:

Bindolaf wrote:

And overpowered? Is that possible? 😉

My vote for the easiest to fly is the Cub, though. I just don't have the patience to fly very far in it, because it is SO SLOW. 🙄 😂

Ed

I have to agree with ED to, i find the Leerjet definetely the easiest jet, or plane that goes around 330knots to fly. Its got great manouvaribilty, and can land on a dime.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I'll vote for the ubiquitous Cessna 172 as the easiest aircraft to fly within MSFS 2004. I 'll add that it is the best all around aircraft ever built. Almost no other aircraft can be used in so many different ways and for less operating cost than the C-172. Is it flashy? No. I still love the Cessna 172. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

Cessan 172, as crjcapt said.

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

The cessna 172 and de Havilland chipmunk (an upgrade of the trusty tiger moth) which you can download for free on avsim under the name 'chipmunk2004.zip'

Pro Member First Officer
beerbadger First Officer

SteveT why do you want to know anyway?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...