Saving repaints in DXTBmp

Cambridge Guest

I've worked out how to do repaints and get them working in FS9, but the file sizes are one to two megs, whereas the original ones were only a few hundred kb. Can someone tell me if I'm saving everything right? This is what I'm doing:

1) Convert original textures to Targas in DXTBmp
2) Edit in Photoshop
3) Convert Targas to "Extended 32bit 888-8" in DXTBmp

The repaints work in FS9, but I can't help but wonder if the new larger files will hit my framerate. Am I saving the final repaints as the right file type in DXTBmp?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I haven't a clue about repainting, but someone will be along soon. If it still works the same way, you could save the textures as a different file format such as Jpeg Dont Know . Not too sure if you can do that for repainting though 😉

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Try converting as Bitmaps not Targa's in DXTbmp first

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin
Pro Member Trainee
Nathan Jones (nathan7278) Trainee

Hi 99jolegg, Convert The PNG To .dds and then put it in texture.x
Hope It Helps!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...