Original Aircraft Files vs repaints

Rick Ainsworth Guest

Where do I find the original and complete aircraft files to fly in FSX?

Why so difficult to install aircraft in FSX?

All I see are 5 billion Repaints.
I assume "repaints" are only textures and such and by themselves, repaints will not work in FSX by themselves. Am I correct? I am building a virtual HANGAR and storing aircraft files but afraid d/l of repaints will not let me fly the aircraft without the original files. Where do I find those?
Former aircraft owner, BD5J, N313HJ, but new to FSX. Thanks.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We have a huge amount of downloads that are full aircraft in our download section.
All you have to do is use the search for the type you want.
Click on the magnifying class below the words "Log in" (upper right corner here) and the search appears.
Put the name of the aircraft you want and be sure to start it with FSX so you don't get downloads for other Sims.
If it says textures then that's not a full aircraft just a repaint that you can add to the original aircraft.

Installing is quite easy if you follow the instructions step by step.

If you can but payware most of them a "EXE, all you do it click on it and it installs itself.
Always read the "read-me" that comes with all downloads, free or payware.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...