Repaints for FSX

Pro Member Trainee
ATX46 Trainee

Hello...I was wondering if anyone could help me with a repaint of the ERJ145 P.I.C., to the ATX (AeroTexas -VA) livery? I know nothing about doing it, but I have downloaded Adobe PhotoShop (Fully functional trial version), and am willing to learn.

Or, if anyone has a way to simply use an existing paint, I'd rather figure out how to use that. I thought that maybe the ATX ERJ135 paint might work, but I can't seem to get it to work.

So, I'm stuck flying a goofy looking paint job until I get the ATX repaint done. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks.

~L.Fleming
(ATX46)

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You'll get more responses in the repaint forum than here.
Read this, acknowledge it and I'll move it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ATX46 Trainee

Rgr...New to this forum...Will move it..Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

To start repainting, you'll need DXTBMP (https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2883/dxtbmp-dxt-extended-bitmap-editor/) which will convert the textures of the aircraft so they can be edited and then convert them back. Just open the textures of the aircraft (in the chosen aircraft's textures folder) in DXTBMP and choose save as...24bit bmp and save it somewhere else. Then open that 24bit bmp in Photoshop and start painting. When you are done, open the edited bmp back in DXTBMP and go save as...and choose either DDS or Extended BMP (if the original texture is a bmp, choose extended, if its DDS, choose DDS)

You can find more help in the repaint forum or on the net 😀

Pro Member Trainee
ATX46 Trainee

Thanks, I'll look into doing that.

Pro Member Trainee
benbastock Trainee

is dxtmp compatible with fsx it doesnt;t seem to work when i have tried it?

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

benbastock wrote:

is dxtmp compatible with fsx it doesnt;t seem to work when i have tried it?

It should work. All it does is converting the FSX textures (or FS9/FS😎 into readable files for image editing programs then converts them back.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...