Autogen trees for fs2004?

Pro Member Trainee
watersprite Trainee

Hi,

I posted the following in a news group, but I thought I'd post here as well, just in case someone here, who doesn't read news groups, might be able to help...

I confess...I'm a tree hugger! Several of my favorite places to fly
should, in reality, have very thick conifer forests. With the autogen
slider all the way to the right, forests are still quite
sparse...even in places where there should be thick temperate rain
forests.

I do have Gerrish Gray's trees installed, but as I understand it,
these are not really "autogen" trees, and are only used by specific
sceneries. I've tried Ed Truthan's "conifer.zip" autogen trees
(created for fs2002), and they look worse than the default autogen
conifer trees, and don't even seem to thicken up the forests as
advertised.

So...is there a file of autogen trees that really does thicken up the
forests, and also look really good in fs2004?

Thanks!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You know of course about the "mesh" downloads released last seek at http://www.avsim.com/ . One that I downloaded was about 440mb, and that was just for the western U.S. There are more, fantastic looking.

About half way down.
http://www.avsim.com/pages/0502/bear_5-4-02/bearracing.htm

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Aloha Watersprite, If I understand correctly you would like some more Tree's in your scenery? If so just go to simvation.com and go to the 2002 Scenery D/loads and go to Page 6 and download ED TRUTHAN's Auto Gen Conifer.zip it is compatible with 2004 and it add's 4 tree's to every one in the default Settings,with no frame rate hit,unless you use the 1024 set. Hope this Helps, Ric

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Disregard the last statement, I did not see that you had already tried Truthans Tree,DUH!..... Embarassed Ric

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...