Get rid of default MSFS trees, use these instead

Sphagnum1 Guest

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I just found this over at Avsim. Search for treegen.zip

The default FS9 trees are over-sized and too sparse. As a result, they never create a believable tree-line, or give you the sense of mass and density. I've reduced the size of the trees down by 40%, and increased their numbers. There is no performance hit at all. In fact, you should get better performance because these files are at half the size compared to the original. I've reduced the quality down slightly, but you shouldn't notice any difference once airborn at 200 feet and above. All seasons are included.

Screenshots and download here:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2750/fs2004-treegen/

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Good find 😉

👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

they're excellent, nice one 😳

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...