NEW-Boston Logan Airport V2

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Boston Logan International Airport Version 2
File Description:
Boston Logan International (KBOS) airport scenery. Unique terrain and pavement rendition techniques. Seasonal ground changes (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter). New Delta Terminal. Numerous static and animated objects like service trucks, cars. Much much more... This is a full package including an installer. If you have an older version of Boston installed, you MUST manually remove it before installing this version.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004scen&DLID=79532

Radar

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sounds and looks really good Radarman... in light of recent discussions regarding Greekman's problems - dare I ask, have you installed it?

If not, that's cool, but if you have, your opinion on the package would be very helpful. Radar Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No I haven't installed it and have no plans to.
Why not:
Well I don't fly out of that airport so It'll be adding more to my small h/d for one or two flights.
If it were Seattle, Los Angeles (I have it), San Francisco or one of the other West Coast majors I would add it.
I prefer scenery not airport scenery at this point (space is at a premium).

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I fully accept your reasoning RM, an attractive find nevertheless especially since in recent times several members have been looking for airport scenery with animated objects like service trucks, cars etc..

Anyone else out there who has already installed it? What's the verdict? Juggle

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook Wrote:
Sounds and looks really good Radarman... in light of recent discussions regarding Greekman's problems - dare I ask, have you installed it?

Well seems that i dont learn my lesson and i download and install it.I make a short flight (take off-cyrcle-and land)and it seems very realistic and also seems that it hasnt no effects to system...(until prove of the opposite 😉 .).I have some screenshots and if you like i could upload them for you to check it(unfortunately later today cause im in work now)

As far as my problems,i know that maybe they caused by some of my add-ons but im sure that i was the one who causes the most of them.
So i would not like to get people frightened and make them avoid installing items that makes FS more realistic.
I dont afraid to put stuff,i just want to know(thats why we must be careful)how i will get rid of them everytime i like.

Practise and experiments was always the best way to learn(at least for me).Bad results(sometimes) is the price of it... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Wisely spoken Greekman and I was (secretly) hoping that you wouldn't be able to resist the temptation. I'd appreciate some screenies if you get around to it, but will wait with the installation just a little longer.

I derive great joy from installing and experimenting with all kinds of files - the thing that causes me paranoia are the darn self-installers Evil or Very Mad
You have no control and don't know what kind of havoc they might create in your registry or other obscure recesses of our beloved Windows OS.

Greetings Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

As i promise.... ➡

(Sorry for the long post Embarassed )

The cars are moving in the roads and also you can see the smoke from the smokestacks of the close factories. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for the pics Greekman, this is one good looking scenery add-on. Any problems yet? 🤔

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Thanks for the pics Greekman, this is one good looking scenery add-on. Any problems yet? 🤔

Not at all.Im flying this moment from LGTT to LTAE and everything seems great. 😉

I have make a short flight around KBOS too and i havent notice anything.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Great! Keep on testing - I'll wait a few more days Fear

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I downloaded and installed it and it is proberly one of the best pieces of freeware scenery but I cant realy see much of a difference from prevouis versions. This scenery doesnt have a large FPS hit 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

ranald wrote:

I downloaded and installed it and it is proberly one of the best pieces of freeware scenery but I cant realy see much of a difference from prevouis versions. This scenery doesnt have a large FPS hit 🙂

No reason to not believe your ranald...since i have never check it in past you know better. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

ranald wrote:

I downloaded and installed it and it is proberly one of the best pieces of freeware scenery but I cant realy see much of a difference from prevouis versions.

Thanks for contributing ranald, but frankly, now you've got me really confused 🤔 Doh! Juggle

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

ranald wrote:

I downloaded and installed it and it is proberly one of the best pieces of freeware scenery but I cant realy see much of a difference from prevouis versions.

Thanks for contributing ranald, but frankly, now you've got me really confused 🤔 Doh! Juggle

Suggested method:

Get some screenshots from KBOS without install the scenery and comapre them to mine or install it and compare them to yours before and after... 😉

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Tailhook wrote:

ranald wrote:

I meant to say I cant realy see a differnece between Boston Logan Intl V2 and Boston Logan Intl V1.1.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thank you Gentlemen, I think... 🤔 ---- I understand, though you're both making different statements. But I will work it out Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

File Description:
This is an updated AFCAD2 file for Boston Logan Intl. v2 KBOS scenery by George Grimshaw. Now it uses the crossing runways technique. This is the original installer AFCAD2 file with some minor tweaks. Thanks again for your OK George and this wonderful scenery. Enjoy ....

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=af2_boston_v2_kbos.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks RadarMan, this is starting to make sense now Geek

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Well on one of my rare visits over the pond(I hate flying for more than 5 hrs Mad ) I tried this scenery and BOY its good
Thanks for the link 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...