Scenery flashes

Pro Member Trainee
Andrew (everest63) Trainee

While at a particular airport, Boston Logan, after I land , right in front of the aircraft, the runway, taxiway etc, flashes black. It never happens before takeoff, only after landing. Not all the time. The Boston Logan scenery is not the default airport, it is addon scenery. It had been fine for months before the flashing started.

Also, tonight I noticed that a stadium parking lot (near NYC) was flashing. I had uninstalled MegaScenery New York today, so what was flashing was the default scenery for the stadium parking lot. What could be causing the flashing? The screenshots linked are of the stadium, not the flashing at Boston Logan.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Air-Head Trainee

everest63 wrote:

While at a particular airport, Boston Logan, after I land , right in front of the aircraft, the runway, taxiway etc, flashes black. It never happens before takeoff, only after landing. Not all the time. The Boston Logan scenery is not the default airport, it is addon scenery. It had been fine for months before the flashing started.
Also, tonight I noticed that a stadium parking lot (near NYC) was flashing. I had uninstalled MegaScenery New York today, so what was flashing was the default scenery for the stadium parking lot. What could be causing the flashing? The screenshots linked are of the stadium, not the flashing at Boston Logan.

Looking at your graphics, your settings are set very low anyway. I think its a case of too much going on for your graphics card to render at once...causing this flashing...

Try adjusting the anti-aliasing setting (I think untick it)...
Try adjusting downwards some of the other settings....

See if it helps....

But if your 100% sure it does not happen anywhere else, then perhaps as I suggested for the other poster, a re-install will be needed as something has been corrupted whilst installing the add-on scenery.

I would try everything else first though!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...