looking for a cable

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

hi my laptop has an s-video out plug and i am looking for a cable that i can plug into a tv with the rca imputs. i don't know what it would be called so i could really look for it, thanks for helping if you can.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

I think what you want is a s-video cable. i may be wrong, but when i want to watch a DVD on my TV, i need to switch it to S-video. I think my DVD player and my TV are connected by S-video. Dont go buy anything yet, i'd wait for someone else to answer.

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

well i did some serching on google and found this, this is what i am looking for but i don't know how safe the site is. does anyone know of any better online stores that would have it?

here it is
http://www.svideo.com/prosvideo24.html

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

atreyu wrote:

well i did some serching on google and found this, this is what i am looking for but i don't know how safe the site is. does anyone know of any better online stores that would have it?

here it is
http://www.svideo.com/prosvideo24.html

Well, if you know what you need but aren't too sure about the credibility of the online-store, why don't you just go downtown, pay cash in the local discount store and if it's faulty you won't have any problems exchanging it.
That's what I do with small items like cables etc.. 😉

Depends on your circumstances of course and whether you can get to the store easily enough.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

alohajoe wrote:

I think what you want is a s-video cable. i may be wrong, but when i want to watch a DVD on my TV, i need to switch it to S-video. I think my DVD player and my TV are connected by S-video. Dont go buy anything yet, i'd wait for someone else to answer.

The most common way to connect a DVD to TV is the Scart cable. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...