"My Computer Expeiriences" a best seller!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I'm going to write a book and title it My Computer Experiences I've had so many problems with my windows XP it would make your head spin. My most recent problem was a few hours ago when my screwed up printer wouldn't turn off! 😂 Whenever I pressed the power button it would turn off for a second then mysteriously turn back on! (I have Lexmark X84-X85) 😂 I disconected the power cord for the night. This is not the only problem I've had with the printer. Whenever I want to print something I have to restart the computer, disconnect the usb cable and turn the printer on and off. I have to do that even when I am printing multi paged report. Everytime the printer is done printing a page I have to restart the computer, disconnect the usb cable and turn the printer on and off again. It was pretty annoying last week when pringing a 7 page report on Egypt!
Another problem: everytime I turn my computer on I have to reach back to the usb plugs and disconnect and reconnect my mouse!
Problem #3: My monitor will just turn off sometimes at the most obscure moments! I was landing at O'Hare onetime in a 747 and my monitor went black! (I crashed) Whenever that happens I have to press the power button to the monitor and it comes back.
Problem #4: When I turn on my computer my speakers make wierd sounds for about 5 seconds. (it sounds like a sick cow gargeling! 😂 )
Problem #5: Just like my monitor problem, the screen will sometimes go blue and have typing on it that says taht I have to power down my computer to prevent further damage to the drivers. When that happens we turn off our computer and wait 30 minutes. Then everything is just fine.
Problem #6: Whenever I want to change to full screen view in FS my thing just goes down to my desktop!

It may just become a best seller! 😂
Don't say these problems could be caused by a virus because I run the anti_virus things and it doesn't find a virus.
Any other suggestions?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The Lexmark is not the top of the line printer, HP is, followed by Cannon.

The mouse in XP does better if you plug it into the PS/2 outlet.
All in all for those things it sounds as if your USB card needs to be reseated or replaced.

Shut off your speakers at night and turn them on after you boot up, see if they work then.
Clean the contact points or just send them (speakers) to Dell also.

As for your monitor it sounds like a bad connection somewhere, is the computer still under guarantee, send it (monitor) back to Dell.

The blue screen (BSOD) is your OS, you need to reinstall it, if your hard drive grinds away ask Dell for a new one.

Turning black can be the video or monitor drivers.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Everything is still under warintey. I'm going to keep your suggestoins on a word document for the future. 😀

Before you start writing your story may I suggest that you buy a good dictionary or a speller 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah. 😂 Good idea.

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

KNow what you mean about problems.I am going to load pro on mine.If any of you have pro let me know how it is.

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

What i mean is Windows XP pro Edition.Anyone that has it let me know how it is.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

XP home is a better gaming platform that XP Pro.
Check out one of the tech forums and ask.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

ty radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...