Aircraft construction

rbrneck Guest

I am an experienced 3d artist and i would like to build a plane for MSF2004. Can anyone direct me to a tutorial of how to gt a new plane into the simulator once it has been created in Max? It would also help to know the scale used. This seems like fun....an area i would like to explore. Any links, anything, is appreciated. Thanks.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

If you explore CD1 of FS9 there should be a programe called GMAX which most people use.

GMAX is the free version of 3D Studio Max. I do not need this because i own a real copy of 3D Max. Designing, building, and texturing the plane is not the problem. I need info on how to get that object into microsoft flight sim 2004.

I would also be curious how senery objects are placed in the game as well, but ill take what i can get.

Rbrneck Guest

Sorry....that was me...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Regarding your 'scenery objects' maybe you can find info pertaining to your quest here ➡ http://www.rwy12.com/rwy12//

"how to get that object into fs9"

I'm not too sure where your problem lies. If you look at the structure of any free ware add-on... could you not package your creation the same way?

Unless you don't know how to install an aircraft - I can only guess - there's a Sticky up the top on this page.

If I completely misinterpret your request, I apologize.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

have a look for the microsoft SDK's for making aircraft, they come with a small program to compile planes and scenery into the right file type and also lists the parts you needs to make (flaps, rudder, wing, door etc).

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
rbrneck Guest

thanks hinch. I think ive found what im looking for.

rbrneck Guest

also thank you radarman. Ill use that tut what i actually build my plane. Thanks all for your replies.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...